AFL Player #15: Jayden Laverde

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL website wouldn't publish it if there was no truth to him re-signing also it was Cal Twomey who reported it.
I think the first part of this is wrong but the second part (it being Towmey who is close to the club) is correct.

Reads that Saints barely offered him more money than we were, they just threw on the extra year.

I doubt that would be the case, an extra year for a 20yo at the same money could leave him worse off. 2 years is the right deal for him to take, that way he can back himself in to increase his value over those 2 years.
id imagine it would have been us 2 years 250k-300k, saints 3years at 350k.

YPXY6oX.gif

in celebration

Damian Barrett has told Essendon youngster Jayden Laverde has turned down a significant offer from St Kilda to remain at the Bombers.

Laverde, 20, has played 18 games for the Dons after being drafted with pick 20 in the 2014 draft.

"(The deal is) done," he said on the Saturday Rub.

Barrett revealed Laverde turned down a very lucrative offer from the Saints.

"He got a very good offer (from St Kilda) - it was basically a million dollar offer over three years to leave, and I believe he’s decided to stay for a lot less than that particular figure."

Danny Frawley, a St Kilda assistant, confessed he was pleased Essendon players were uniting at the Dons.

"It's good to see all the Essendon boys recommitting," he admitted.

so the offer was 330k/yr for 3yrs from saints.

i doubt our offer was a whole heap less than that. maybe 280k or something. 50k diff, half goes in tax. if it was about the money, he isn't leaving the club for 25k/yr

Doesn't always work out that way - Athletes have their income averaged out over the period of their sporting career.

AFL website wouldn't publish it if there was no truth to him re-signing also it was Cal Twomey who reported it.

Hope so mate. With Jobe hanging out again after his meeting, just want to see it doe and dusted along with Dea and Popsy signed too. Then 1, 19, 37 (?) = relaxing summer..... for a change ;-)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will we hear the announcement this week?
Re-sign, delist, re-sign, delist, re-sign, delist, re-sign, delist, re-sign, delist, re-sign, delist, re-sign, delist, re-sign, delist, re-sign, delist.
Le pattern.

From an Essendon Member email:

Essendon Football Club is pleased to announce Jayden Laverde has agreed to a two year contract extension.

The new deal will see the 20-year-old remain a Bomber until the end of the 2018 season.

Laverde said his playing future was always going to be at Essendon.

“Having grown up supporting Essendon all my life, I’m really grateful for the opportunity to continue my career in the red and black,” Laverde said.

“Under Woosha we have a really clear understanding of the hard work we need to do as a team if we want to match it with the elite sides in the competition and achieve success.

“I’ve learnt a lot with my football this season, and I can’t wait to come back, train hard and prove myself alongside such a committed and hard working group of footballers who are also some of my closest friends.”

Laverde suffered a frustrating start to the year when he re-injured his shoulder in Round 4, but he fought his way back into the side and played the final eight games of the season.

Senior Coach, John Worsfold, said Laverde is a highly valued member of the playing group.

“Jayden arrived at the Club as an 18-year-old with a lot of raw talent, but through a great deal of hard work he has developed into an important contributor to the team” Worsfold said.

“Jayden worked really hard to get back from injury this year, and his pressure around the contest, clean skills and smart decision making was a great asset to us in the back half of the season.

“He has bought into the vision and culture of the football Club, he understands the hard work that is ahead of the group and the elite standards required if we are to improve as a side next season.”

Laverde joins Marty Gleeson and Aaron Francis as the third young Bomber to re-sign in the past seven days.

List and Recruiting Manager, Adrian Dodoro, said Laverde's versatility would continue to play an important role in the Bombers' line up for 2017.

"Jayden's size and athleticism allows us to utilise him in a range of roles. He holds a strong mark with a powerful kick and provides the team with great pace," Dodoro said.

"Although his first two season have been interrupted with injury, it has made him a strong person and we know he is determined to continue to take his game to the next level."

Laverde was selected with pick 20 in the 2014 National Draft. The young Bomber has played 18 senior games since debuting against Melbourne in Round 15, 2015.

upload_2016-9-22_15-31-9.png

Essendon Football Club is pleased to announce Jayden Laverde has agreed to a two year contract extension.

The new deal will see the 20-year-old remain a Bomber until the end of the 2018 season.

Laverde said his playing future was always going to be at Essendon.

“Having grown up supporting Essendon all my life, I’m really grateful for the opportunity to continue my career in the red and black,” Laverde said.

“Under Woosha we have a really clear understanding of the hard work we need to do as a team if we want to match it with the elite sides in the competition and achieve success.

“I’ve learnt a lot with my football this season, and I can’t wait to come back, train hard and prove myself alongside such a committed and hard working group of footballers who are also some of my closest friends.”

Laverde suffered a frustrating start to the year when he re-injured his shoulder in Round 4, but he fought his way back into the side and played the final eight games of the season.

Senior Coach, John Worsfold, said Laverde is a highly valued member of the playing group.

“Jayden arrived at the Club as an 18-year-old with a lot of raw talent, but through a great deal of hard work he has developed into an important contributor to the team” Worsfold said.

“Jayden worked really hard to get back from injury this year, and his pressure around the contest, clean skills and smart decision making was a great asset to us in the back half of the season.

“He has bought into the vision and culture of the football Club, he understands the hard work that is ahead of the group and the elite standards required if we are to improve as a side next season.”

Laverde joins Marty Gleeson and Aaron Francis as the third young Bomber to re-sign in the past seven days.

List and Recruiting Manager, Adrian Dodoro, said Laverde's versatility would continue to play an important role in the Bombers' line up for 2017.

"Jayden's size and athleticism allows us to utilise him in a range of roles. He holds a strong mark with a powerful kick and provides the team with great pace," Dodoro said.

"Although his first two season have been interrupted with injury, it has made him a strong person and we know he is determined to continue to take his game to the next level."

Laverde was selected with pick 20 in the 2014 National Draft. The young Bomber has played 18 senior games since debuting against Melbourne in Round 15, 2015.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back