AFL Player #15: Jayden Laverde

Remove this Banner Ad

Time to start delivering next year. Size and body no excuse.

Has promised a bit then fallen off a little.

Seemed composed first few games but was very rushed this year. No idea what type of player he'll become.

Missed half the season with a shoulder injury.

Seemed composed first few games but was very rushed this year. No idea what type of player he'll become.

Time to start delivering?

The only thing stopping him from unleashing his full range of sublime football powers is not having elite fitness levels.

And he's just a kid.

I've said it before..They can't all start off fast out of the blocks ike a Rama career.

Don't you have anything better to do than to constantly troll the Essendon board? Piss of to your own clubs board.

Doesn't have many wasteful possessions.
Great at kicking to leading targets.
Even greater at being a leading target. Strong mitts.
Set shot kicking was initially promising but started to let him down toward the end of the season. Not worried going forward though.
Hopefully continues to develop himself into Guile!

upload_2016-9-26_12-41-39.png

Doesn't have many wasteful possessions.
Great at kicking to leading targets.
Even greater at being a leading target. Strong mitts.
Set shot kicking was initially promising but started to let him down toward the end of the season. Not worried going forward though.
Hopefully continues to develop himself into Guile! Duke Nukem 3D

View attachment 293004
*reads your post*
*looks at your avatar*

EFA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I once had the pleasure of having Sheeds come down for a coaching session with my U/16s rep squad way back when.

He said it usually takes 3 full pre-seasons to turn a kid with talent who occasionally flashes brilliance into an AFL level footballer.
Watching the difference in the giants from the their first 2 seasons when they were whipping boys occasionally playing a quarter or to winning a handful of games and being competitive in most others.

I think with a full pre-season behind Laverde to build his tank he will be massively improved next season

Can't see why not, I believe that's where he is headed. He had a few injuries this year so it made sense to play him in the Forward line. Prior to his collarbone, pretty sure he was playing in the Midfield (both against Geelong in the regular season and in the NAB Cup)

Can't see why not, I believe that's where he is headed. He had a few injuries this year so it made sense to play him in the Forward line. Prior to his collarbone, pretty sure he was playing in the Midfield (both against Geelong in the regular season and in the NAB Cup)

The idea of him not being a midfielder makes me sad. I want to see him in there doing grunt work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back