Player Watch #33: Kamdyn McIntosh - signed until 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Has a bit of Andrew Mackie about him with his run and carry. If he can play midfield with his height he would be very handy

I was going to say the same thing, don't mind the highlights, value proposition compared to Plowman, not bad could be a diamond, fill out a bit more who knows, 4th tall/3rd tall/mid not bad:thumbsu:

Key will be spoiling and marking, sssh could be even a star, insightful pick!!

Mackey is not a bad comparison, but he looks like he has a frame that will develop to a good size. Looks like a good decision maker and has great endurance - in the top 3% at the combine.

Fingers crossed. Have to back our recruiting staff. I honestly don't know much about these kids outside the top 20-25.

I'm sure he'll be pumping the weights first thing!

He sort of reminds me of a much taller version of conca with the way he breaks the line and his kicking action.

* Referring to Conca's draft highlights not what he has done since being drafted.

This from Snoop Dogs mock draft:

Kamdyn McIntoshPeel Thunder192cm / 78kg / ‘94Others will have him a lot higher but having seen a fair bit of him I am still a bit unsure. Seen a few times at champs and also some of his WAFL games and he didn’t scream out the Rd 1 prospect I am being told. What is clear to me he is that he is a good key defensive prospect who seems to have good agility and a good understanding of reading the game and influencing it. I think he would be a Heath Grundy type player as seems to go alright on all types. Testing results from DC were very good.

I know they are highlights but looked a good kick on both feet. Made some good decisions too.
Welcome aboard Kamdyn.

I think you secured yourself a great pick.

Was forced to play as a KPD at the championships but came back to Perth and playing in the WAFL and looked bloody good on the wing. He will be a tall midfielder, slightly more outside than inside, but still has a defensive side.

Is one of the best kicks in the draft and played on Stringer and he only had around 1 possessions for the game, so he can shut down those taller midfielder/forwards as well.

Actually really liked his highlights package.
Standing still he looks like a lanky KPB but when he got into motion he looked very much just a tall mid, good bit of pace and good skills.
Welcome kamdyn!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This from Knightmare's 2012 Mock Draft: (The first paragraph is as per RT's profile, however the bolded was a promising side note by Knightmare)
#45 West Coast (Via St Kilda and GWS) - Kamdyn McIntosh (WA – Def/KPD)
Height: 192cm, Weight: 78kg, DOB: 03/04/1994
Recruited from: Peel Thunder
Style: Ted Richards
Player comparison:
Range: 15-45
Profile: McIntosh is a close checking, disciplined defender who can play on all sizes whether it be tall, medium or small forwards to a high level. He finished the season really strongly and showed strong progress in his offensive game in the second half of the season showing an increased willingness to shift off his man and generate some drive. Ball use out of the back half is a highlight and for a tall uses it really well by both hand a foot. Also has really impressive closing speed and above average athleticism allowing him to stick with his man. Has excellent endurance and can go all day. Just one of those guys you can give a role to and he will complete it, no fuss and get the job done. Sometimes with defenders that’s all you need. Also late in the season showed some ability to push up onto a wing and play some good footy showing that he has a few different strings to his bow.

Some players just come onto my radar so late that it can really make the highest/lowest previous positions look silly - so Kamdyn McIntosh mid way through the season I rated as a late/rookie but now with the way he finished off the season strongly it looks likely that he features in either the 1st or 2nd round of the draft making my earlier rating largely irrelevant.

:thumbsu:

Welcome Kamdyn. Touted as a possible pick at 16 in some mock drafts. Excellent character too. Heard on the radio something bout how he was helping look after his younger siblings whilst his parents are back and forward to the mines in WA. Looking forward to a great career :thumbsu:

Sky's the limit with Kamdyn. You can never have enough midfielders who can play as a KPP.

Not implying anything, but he has a similar back story to Fyfe. From WA, is overlooked as a first round prospect because he wasn't played in his preferred position and is an excellent contested mark and kick. Very good evasive skills too. Fremantle were keen at 17 but Simpson was too good to pass on, and apparently Sydney was keen at 22 as well.

Sky's the limit with Kamdyn. You can never have enough midfielders who can play as a KPP.

Not implying anything, but he has a similar back story to Fyfe. From WA, is overlooked as a first round prospect because he wasn't played in his preferred position and is an excellent contested mark and kick. Very good evasive skills too. Fremantle were keen at 17 but Simpson was too good to pass on, and apparently Sydney was keen at 22 as well.

have you hit cavell ave yet?:D

This is brilliant!

When they called out his name, my old man and I looked at each other and just laughed because we had no idea whatsoever who he was.

So I jumped on BigFooty to find out and at first, no one had any idea either.

Next, I look at his highlights and think he looks ridiculously impressive. Exactly what we lack and desperately need.

Finally, I learn that he was touted as a 1st - 2nd round pick and now I am very, very happy with this selection!

Good job tiges and welcome Mr. Kamdyn!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back