Player Watch #33: Kamdyn McIntosh - signed until 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

No surprise Dr ,as we know you take a great interest in the WA talent .Have you heard any whispers about the eagles being interested in KMac ? I haven't heard anything ,but the Eagles would be crazy to not go after him .
Love his versatility, and his attack on the footy .
Reminds me of Merv Kane back in the day .

No but North are thinking about offering him $3.5 million over 4 years

I'd really like to see KMac get a run through the middle. I think he has potential to be a tall, gut running inside beast. With so many flankers it might be worth a go in order to free Martin up for the forward line more

Name: Kamdyn McIntosh
Club: Peel Thunder
Height: 192cm
Weight: 78kg
Position: KPD
McIntosh is a close checking, disciplined defender who can play on all sizes whether it be tall, medium or small forwards to a high level. He finished the season really strongly and showed strong progress in his offensive game in the second half of the season showing an increased willingness to shift off his man and generate some drive. Ball use out of the back half is a highlight and for a tall uses it really well by both hand and foot. Also has really impressive closing speed and above average athleticism allowing him to stick with his man. Has excellent endurance and can go all day. Just one of those guys you can give a role to and he will complete it, no fuss and get the job done. Sometimes with defenders that’s all you need. Also late in the season showed some ability to push up onto a wing and play some good footy showing that he has a few different strings to his bow.

^^

turned into a very handy player

Can't believe there hasn't been one post on macca since June last year. .
Thought he was easily one of our best last night is criminally underrated barely loses a one on one runs all day great over head, is prone to the odd turnover but makes up for it with his heart and hardness at the ball and player. .

Thought he was easily one of our best last night is criminally underrated barely loses a one on one runs all day great over head, is prone to the odd turnover but makes up for it with his heart and hardness at the ball and player. .

you missed the fact that he can kick pretty good on the wrong foot.

He had 19 kicks but I thought he fumbled a fair bit and his kicking was pretty ordinary just blasted away on a number of occasions. I do rate Macca but don't reckon last night was one of better games

Can be a deer in headlights at times but also wish on occasions he would just run at full pace, he can break lines but doesn't seem confident at times to go flat out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was bloody awful on Thursday night. Continually fumbling, out of position and constant turnovers. Was in our bottom 6 (and there were a fair few to choose from). He's much better than what he showed but anyone that thought he had a good game must have had their beer goggles on.
Thought the same thing...definitely in the numbers for bottom six at the Club...runs all day...tough...sheet kick...

When he runs straight at the contested ball, he rarely loses out to an opponent ever, beast. He blasted away on a few kicks but more often than not was to the advantage of a teammate.

One of our so called bottom 6, but Im happy to have a player like this in that bracket.
Agree you don’t drop straight line running sledgehammers which run hit and jump at high speed. He’s a valuable player no matter what the stupid stats say. He’s also constantly pumping the ball forward.

Time for him to be dropped
He has done very little in the last 5 weeks.

I don’t think his role in the side is necessarily to rack up the touches.

Agree you don’t drop straight line running sledgehammers which run hit and jump at high speed. He’s a valuable player no matter what the stupid stats say. He’s also constantly pumping the ball forward.

I like the sledgehammer analogy for old k Mac and I think it also applies for Towner they aren’t the prettiest Or used all that much but when you have a job that requires Them there isn’t anything else that will get you the required results

Remove this Banner Ad

Back