Delisted #33 Marc Sheather

SheatherP-CCC219-DL-777x437.jpg

Marc Sheather
[Player Profile TBA]

Feb 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Your first point is spot on. In his U17 season he showed a lot of passion, tackling and effort but was picking up very small possession numbers for the Academy. This last season he seems to have improved but still isn’t a massive possession player.

I’ve always liked the look of the kid so I hope he makes it but I’ll stay on the fence on this selection and see how he goes. Not convinced yet that out of all the boys he was the one that warranted a selection.
The next Rohan and Hayward?

Is Heeney basically the 21st century Warrick Capper?
No! His shorts are neither too tight or too short! And he does not have a mullet!

However, I will agree that they are/were both wonderful players for the Swans!

Wishing Marc all the best.
What a successful rookie list the Bloods have including 3 co-captains: Brett Kirk, Kieren Jack, Heath Grundy, Nick Smith, Dane Rampe and Jake Lloyd.

Bear31

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
Must have a lot of faith in him to give him another 2 years even though he has not played a game yet. Good signs.
Saw him play at Tramways vs Southport. Definitely one of our best. I noticed that everything he did was quality. Ball handling, kicking, chasing, tackling, leading
All energetic but into the right places. Still going Q4 when they overran us.
Easy to see why he was extended. Will push hard next year if he has a good preseason.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Saw him play at Tramways vs Southport. Definitely one of our best. I noticed that everything he did was quality. Ball handling, kicking, chasing, tackling, leading
All energetic but into the right places. Still going Q4 when they overran us.
Easy to see why he was extended. Will push hard next year if he has a good preseason.

Those are great things to hear. What sort of player is he?

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

Bloods86

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 7, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Adelaide United, Everton, Socceroos
I just thought that I would bump this thread about a guy who looked very promising before injury curtailed him.

I am quietly confident on him.
He is from NSW. tick
He knows how to tackle. tick
Can play back and forward. tick.

Looking forward to a big preseason and an injury free run at it.
Same. He looked really promising in 2021, injuries stifled him this year. I suspect he'll move back to the forward line given we have less injuries to deal with, and probably Rankin + Cunners to play down back. At points we only had Rankin as a listed small/med defender, so makes sense we were looking at other options. But either way, he seemed to have something to work with.

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
Same. He looked really promising in 2021, injuries stifled him this year. I suspect he'll move back to the forward line given we have less injuries to deal with, and probably Rankin + Cunners to play down back. At points we only had Rankin as a listed small/med defender, so makes sense we were looking at other options. But either way, he seemed to have something to work with.
He hits hard when he tackles and he knows where the goals are. Good at drifting away from his marker too. Kicked 3 in the game I saw him in in 2021 from very little feed. Very positive.

Back