Past #33: Patrick Walker - delisted end '22 - 0 NM games/goals - thanks Patty

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we want to hide how bad our injury list actually is?

To be honest, happy for everyone to see our full injury list, will allow people to be more accepting of where we are at + if there is any negative media about it, well that puts pressure on the club to improve the medical and injury management section of the club.

I'm pretty optimistic about Pat. Great size & user. Raw so will take some time, but a good user off half back is a bit of a gap in our young brigade. If we can somehow turn her and Perez into players, we are in a good place.
Pat looks a great get imo.
If he continues his form from the weekend I will be very happy.

I'm pretty optimistic about Pat. Great size & user. Raw so will take some time, but a good user off half back is a bit of a gap in our young brigade. If we can somehow turn her and Perez into players, we are in a good place.

First ever AFLW crossover player. North always the pioneers.

Out of curiosity for those that have seen him play, what's he like defensively?
serviceable, but that's all - he's certainly not a contested ball pig; in the games I've seen him play, he has been a bit anonymous, his most noticeable contribution being as the preferred kick-in, so it was a good positive step forward to see him have some influence on the weekend. Had an interrupted year, so entitled to have some slack cut

serviceable, but that's all - he's certainly not a contested ball pig; in the games I've seen him play, he has been a bit anonymous, his most noticeable contribution being as the preferred kick-in, so it was a good positive step forward to see him have some influence on the weekend. Had an interrupted year, so entitled to have some slack cut

Hopefully he continues to get a good run at it and develop his game further. Can never have too many good ball users in the back half with the way AFL is played these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's what I heard when 'The Draft Expert' was asked about Walker too.
Claimed he was a serviceable defender but no pizazz or x factor traits that would really make him stand out from the crowd.

Out of curiosity for those that have seen him play, what's he like defensively?

We have Atley and Hall down back so I am not sure how high the bar is, and the pace of VFL is a long way off AFL standard. We should give him a crack, we will soon find out how well he can hold up defensively.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back