Past #33: Patrick Walker - delisted end '22 - 0 NM games/goals - thanks Patty

Remove this Banner Ad

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
State level footy isn't in a good state there. Those clubs can't really compete with the money on offer in the country leagues around Vic.

I'd bring Davis, Collins and Callow over for our VFL side next year.

No it isn't I agree, and it's been a lot of poor decisions along the way unfortunately. (and a reduction in numbers as many older guys just play locally not TSL)

I'm biased but I would also - I reckon be worth seeing what they have at a higher level and draft if successful.

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Tried to find some information on Walker today. Had one bite.

Apparently really good, quiet kid that will do everything possible. Takes his footy very seriously.

The person was reserved about him making AFL level due to natural physical ability, but said a good rookie option for sure.

That's all I've got!

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
Tried to find some information on Walker today. Had one bite.

Apparently really good, quiet kid that will do everything possible. Takes his footy very seriously.

The person was reserved about him making AFL level due to natural physical ability, but said a good rookie option for sure.

That's all I've got!

Your mates won’t even talk to you

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Your mates won’t even talk to you

giphy1.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

billnats

All Australian
Feb 4, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
SMFC & Tottenham
View attachment 1031106

Just to prove my hipster credentials! I am the original Walker fan! :tongueoutv1:
To be fair, you listed four names. Three didn’t get drafted at all and 1 got picked up in the rookie. Nothing to be proud about.

But I talked up McGuiness back in the day and he’s a Cat B rookie so I’m not going to throw stones.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2014
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
#TeamTurboChooks
To be fair, you listed four names. Three didn’t get drafted at all and 1 got picked up in the rookie. Nothing to be proud about.

But I talked up McGuiness back in the day and he’s a Cat B rookie so I’m not going to throw stones.
I neveri said they would be drafted, just thought they all looked good draft chances. Which they did at the time. Callow, Collins, and Davis all went on to play in the All Stars game later that year.... so not like a bad observation. I doubt you will find an earlier reference to Walker being a draft chance on bigfooty :coolv1: :coolv1:

Earlier this year when Knightmare said Callow, Collins, and Davis were the big 3 Tasmanian draft chances, I said Walker should be included, and they werent a "big 3", but more like an "above average 4". I shilled Walker draft chances itt so much that I posted:
Thats probably smart lol, lots of people got burned on O'Neill :grimacing: If Walker doesn't get drafted, I guess it will be my turn to get a little burned this year 😂 It's too early to make big calls. Some players dont improve on their bottom age year (see O'Neill).

Im the OG Walker fan, guys. Dont be jealous :tongueoutv1:

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Looks like a good mover and I think we will see a very pacy side in 21 and I'm bloody excited. I wonder if Atley will be nervous cos if he does not pull his finger out could be a tuff season for him. I love it
Don’t think Atley should worried about his spot in the AFL side as he will start in the VFL and stay in the VFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back