Past #33: Patrick Walker - delisted end '22 - 0 NM games/goals - thanks Patty

Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So did he actually play on the weekend? Nothing of him in the match report
apologies, I answered this in another thread; Patrick Walker is the designated kick in, which indicates what they think of his kicking, and he is very tidy in that role, doesn't miss many but maybe also not huge penetration. Otherwise, he plays his role without a lot of fanfare - or influence, if you want to be harsh - so still building. Good rangey type, so has some athletic attributes, but if you're looking for HBFs at the minute, it's Atu #1 and Conor Menadue #2, and by a long way

gustev

Club Legend
Mar 30, 2008
north of melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Athletics
Thanks Shinboner M and Merlin. Good info. I watched a bit of this weekends VFL on the telecast, and didn't see him. So assume he didn't play this one, or just didn't get it a lot. Bit hard to track the info on Patrick.

Thanks Shinboner M and Merlin. Good info. I watched a bit of this weekends VFL on the telecast, and didn't see him. So assume he didn't play this one, or just didn't get it a lot. Bit hard to track the info on Patrick.
He didn't play.

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There’s something not right here.

From what I can see he has barely played in any of the VFL praccy games and isn’t on the injury list.

This despite the club releasing puff pieces in preseason saying he was way more advanced than they thought, they made it out like he was on par with Powell.

BlueandWhiteinmyBlood

Club Legend
May 27, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

From what I can see he has barely played in any of the VFL praccy games and isn’t on the injury list.

This despite the club releasing puff pieces in preseason saying he was way more advanced than they thought, they made it out like he was on par with Powell.

I’m with you. It’s weird. Hasn’t quit the club to join a reality tv show with roosys son has he?

Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I didn’t see the Geelong game so can’t comment, but pat walker played every VFL praccy game to that point. Takes the kick ins (neatly) but otherwise not influential

We didn’t he play in the VFL on the weekend does anyone know?
I previously mentioned that he came off the track early on Friday and sat in the dugout. Not sure what the go was but he might’ve picked up some soreness and possibly rested.

Confirmed in this article that he is out injured.

North’s final selection of the draft was Patrick Walker, with the Tasmanian-native being selected with the second pick of the rookie draft.

Capable of playing either half back or on the wing, much has been said about Walker’s high standard of kicking and decision making.

“He’s a beautiful kick and decision-maker, but he’s also a beautiful runner. He’s got a great running gait and a massive tank, and he’s a good size for AFL football,” he said.

“Once they’re in with us it doesn’t matter if they’re a rookie or a first round pick, they’re all equal. Some of the later picks can come in and really surprise you.

“It would be nice for him to keep progressing and developing in the VFL like he has been doing, and put a nice body of form together to be able to put his hand up for some sort of senior selection in the second half of the year.

“Although he hasn’t played the last two weeks due to injury … there’s no reason why he couldn’t do that, but it’s not a race and we’re in no rush.”

BlueandWhiteinmyBlood

Club Legend
May 27, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Strange they didn’t specify what it was nor has he been on any injury list on the AFL or our own website/app. I did see him down at Arden st on Saturday watching the boys. Think of a few of the tassie lads who played, families were over, he was with them.

Strange they didn’t specify what it was nor has he been on any injury list on the AFL or our own website/app. I did see him down at Arden st on Saturday watching the boys. Think of a few of the tassie lads who played, families were over, he was with them.
I'm told it was a minor hip flexor injury.

Back