Past #33: Patrick Walker - delisted end '22 - 0 NM games/goals - thanks Patty

Oct 7, 2009
The Y Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Looks to have reasonable skills and good awareness based on a couple of very slick handballs, first time I've seen him, seems a good build.
Would be good to find another to play that Atley role....just as long as he does it, nothing like Atley :rolleyes:

While he was drafted as a defender, Patrick Walker is making the most of his opportunity to play further up the ground, kicking a goal and finishing with 20 disposals and a team-high 8 marks, as he played primarily on the wing.

Walker showed composure and good forward nous to convert his goal from outside 50, bouncing it through an unmanned goal square with great precision.

“He’s (Walker) been really super. He’s been shifted onto the wing because of his huge running capacity and beautiful kick, and he’s playing the role really well,” Adams said.

“He’s starting to gain a really good balance of inside and outside footy, and he’s been using the ball well. It was another super performance from him today.”

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
While he was drafted as a defender, Patrick Walker is making the most of his opportunity to play further up the ground, kicking a goal and finishing with 20 disposals and a team-high 8 marks, as he played primarily on the wing.

Walker showed composure and good forward nous to convert his goal from outside 50, bouncing it through an unmanned goal square with great precision.

“He’s (Walker) been really super. He’s been shifted onto the wing because of his huge running capacity and beautiful kick, and he’s playing the role really well,” Adams said.

“He’s starting to gain a really good balance of inside and outside footy, and he’s been using the ball well. It was another super performance from him today.”

Gee, Young looked to have some impressive agility in that play - give him a game!

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
RF08's Season Review

Games Played: 0
Avg Disposals: 0
Goals: Nil
Stat Highlights: nil

Best Game

Nil

Summary

Our first pick of the 2020 rookie draft has hardly put a foot wrong since coming to the club. An athletic winger/half back, Walker was selected due to his elite running ability, agility and long kicking. While he didn't get a debut, he was named emergency and pushed for selection on a number of occasions. In the VFL, he had multiple games where he 20+ disposals and 6+ marks stationed across half back and the wing. His neat kicking and decision making were the standout features in his game. He is a professional trainer and has more than enough physical tools to become an AFL player. While he doesn't yet have a contract for 2022, it is expected that his contract will be renewed due to the exposed VFL form. If he is given another contract he will need to add some kg's and improve his one on one defending to get an opportunity at senior level in 2022.

Geez he is a beautiful kick when hitting up that 15 to 40 meter kick. What’s he like over distance? Didn’t really see too many in the highlights to judge off.
Does he have the scope to be a right footed Grant Birchall?
Hard to say as I have only watched him at vfl level. Not a light kick by any means, but I wouldn’t say he is at Hurn levels of long kicking just yet. His ability to hold his width as a winger and work both ways impressed me more.

Harpergun

Senior List
Mar 7, 2012
Gold Coast
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hard to say as I have only watched him at vfl level. Not a light kick by any means, but I wouldn’t say he is at Hurn levels of long kicking just yet. His ability to hold his width as a winger and work both ways impressed me more.
Cheers mate. Looks like a potential steal. Hopefully gets a run at it next year.

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Surprised, thought Walker and McGuinness would be delisted.

That's a vote of confidence in them from a new look list management team that would delist its own grandmother for a 2nd round pick.
Really? Walker's a first-year rookie who went really close to making his AFL debut and who was selected for praise a fair bit by members of the coaching staff.

McGuiness, sure, but he's a Cat B rookie isn't he? We don't lose much by giving him another year.

hoffseason gains

Cancelled
Sep 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Feel like the kid has a Jordan Dawson-esque build and play style. Both tall (189cm) and skinny wingman/offensive half-back flankers with lethal kicks. Paddy has a long way to go but I think with time and especially having Blakey on the coaching panel who oversaw Dawson’s development at Sydney, he could become that sort of damaging player. Dawson himself was a later pick in the draft and took years to develop his body and come on. Obviously this is best case scenario of how Walker pans out but I’m optimistic if we give him some time he could be seriously good, seeing he improved rapidly in the VFL this year from what I saw.

Nov 2, 2014
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
#TeamTurboChooks
Surprised, thought Walker and McGuinness would be delisted.

That's a vote of confidence in them from a new look list management team that would delist its own grandmother for a 2nd round pick.
McGuinness is a very good player if he can put on the required muscle.

Back