Autopsy 33 point loss v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry I know its a docker thread, but do you think nic nat purposely punctured Sandi's lung?

I'd say no. But seeing as you brought it up, the ribs' purpose are to protect the lungs. People know this, that behind the ribs are lungs. So, if as a big strong bloke you want to jump into someones ribs there is a fair chance damage will be done.

This is exactly what I was referencing in the Mayne thread. MadDocker laughed and called it 'the vibe'. Malthouse said years ago 'if you could coach momentum, you'd never lose a game'. There are no stats to back it up but it's very real with many examples in different sports also. In the 70's, to stop momentum you'd have a fight. Everything goes your way, from the bounce of the ball to umpires decisions. The only thing worse than not having momentum is not capitalising on it. Whatever you do, don't give it away.

No. He is just a dangerous wrecking ball.
Having said that, he needs to understand how dangerous kneeing in the back is.
I doubt he'll change.
First time he has injured someone through a knee in the back. As sad as it is to see Sandi in pain and a stint on the sidelines, that's footy.

Also if you know nic nat, you'll know he is a top bloke and would feel pretty devo for his actions.

First time he has injured someone through a knee in the back. As sad as it is to see Sandi in pain and a stint on the sidelines, that's footy.

Also if you know nic nat, you'll know he is a top bloke and would feel pretty devo for his actions.

Yeah well I'm sorry about his feelings and all, but I'm actually more concerned about the physical well being of sandi.

Whether he is a top bloke or not is irrelevant.
He would know the danger and how serious his reckless behavior is.
He won't change and it runs the risk that next time it could be a serious head injury to any other player in he pack, including his own teammates.
What is damning is that he must have known going straight into the pack like he did with his knee leading the way
Was bound to injure somebody.

Like the rest, I don't think he did it intentionally.
But please don't come in with the "he's a good bloke" argument. That argument never fly around here.

I just watched the first quarter again. we were moving the ball quickly and hitting targets. some really slick footy.
Reminded me of last year a bit. first quarter is great then we gradually forget how to play as the game goes on.

My take is they went into a holding pattern to get to 1/2 time and rejig without Sandi. Did it quite well until the last few minutes of the QTR.

I only watched bits of the game because why would I want to relive that.

I love love loooooved Weller & Langdon's kicking, especially into the 50. So accurate, and low, and powerful. But did anyone else notice our forwards struggle to mark them? It's like they've spent so long chasing s**t floaters that they've forgotten how to take a strong chest mark.

Yeah he was so devo about he kneed Pearce not long after and then he punched Fyfe on the ground in what could only be described as a cheap shot.

Yeah top bloke :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He won't change and it runs the risk that next time it could be a serious head injury to any other player in he pack, including his own teammates.
What is damning is that he must have known going straight into the pack like he did with his knee leading the way
Well that would be the end of the hanger, how do you suggest a player gets on anothers shoulder without going up knee first. Your board and all but you are spouting nonsense.

Well that would be the end of the hanger, how do you suggest a player gets on anothers shoulder without going up knee first. Your board and all but you are spouting nonsense.
NicNat did the right thing and took a good mark.. it's not his fault he can jump that high. Unfortunately Sandi was caught in the wrong place at the wrong time because of our turnover.

I did think we improved in some areas..and I was impressed with the games of Alex Pearce, Neale, MJ and our youngsters. Suban with 2 OOB in the last quarter, Mzungu and Mayne are not adding anything to the team at the moment and it is time for Tucker, Crozier and another (?) to come in to replace them.

Pigs arse.
Nicnat went straight into his back with the point of his knee with his leg rigid. That is not how you go about getting extra elevation.
Getting elevation coming from behind is achieved by a boot straight into the back which we don't see nowadays thankfully or by contact from the area between the ankle and the knee. IE; the shin area which means he can then straighten his leg to provide the extra height.
The way NIC executed it on Sandi was like a dead weight battering ram. Somebody was always going to get hurt.

Consider for a moment ; the expected wc domination was not occurring, Sandi was dominating NICNAT and an opportunity presented itself with Aaron backing into the pack and the ball was well weighted for NICNAT to hurt his opponent in the process of taking the mark. It is also a fact NN was going to take the mark without the battering ram knee.

Naitanui's action was one of two things, crudely dangerous or deliberate.

A
Do they call your wife Mrs SeaDog ?

Pigs arse.
Nicnat went straight into his back with the point of his knee with his leg rigid. That is not how you go about getting extra elevation.
Getting elevation coming from behind is achieved by a boot straight into the back which we don't see nowadays thankfully or by contact from the area between the ankle and the knee. IE; the shin area which means he can then straighten his leg to provide the extra height.
The way NIC executed it on Sandi was like a dead weight battering ram. Somebody was always going to get hurt.

Consider for a moment ; the expected wc domination was not occurring, Sandi was dominating NICNAT and an opportunity presented itself with Aaron backing into the pack and the ball was well weighted for NICNAT to hurt his opponent in the process of taking the mark. It is also a fact NN was going to take the mark without the battering ram knee.

Naitanui's action was one of two things, crudely dangerous or deliberate.
Sorry but you are sprouting bullshit, have a look at the footage again, Naitanui was looking at the footy 100% and he put the knee up in order to protect himself/get height just like every other specky that happens in the game, the real problem here was Sandilands was backing into the pack with speed and 122KG of force behind him. It was an unlucky incident partly caused by Sandilands courage to back into the pack, if we didn't turn it over he wouldn't have been out of position and wouldn't have got injured. He probably would have still taken a knee to the back but without the two players moving towards each other the impact would have been lower.

You are being ridiculous Fred.

It was a standard pack mark, it's just one of those things that sometimes happen in footy.

Sorry but you are sprouting bullshit, have a look at the footage again, Naitanui was looking at the footy 100% and he put the knee up in order to protect himself/get height just like every other specky that happens in the game, the real problem here was Sandilands was backing into the pack with speed and 122KG of force behind him. It was an unlucky incident partly caused by Sandilands courage to back into the pack, if we didn't turn it over he wouldn't have been out of position and wouldn't have got injured. He probably would have still taken a knee to the back but without the two players moving towards each other the impact would have been lower.

It is legal but if that had have been a smaller man, Sheridan,Weller or even one of their players the consequence could have been catastrophic. A knee,ankle injury is not life threatening but a rib piercing a lung is. .There is supposed to be a duty of care in the game. Head contact of any kind is now banned. A rule change of lifting the knee might be in order.

It is legal but if that had have been a smaller man, Sheridan,Weller or even one of their players the consequence could have been catastrophic. A knee,ankle injury is not life threatening but a rib piercing a lung is. .There is supposed to be a duty of care in the game. Head contact of any kind is now banned. A rule change of lifting the knee might be in order.
Every player in a pack does and has done it since speckies came about, it was an unfortunate incident and we should just move on from it, unlucky to Sandi but thats footy.

So you want to ban pack marks because someone got injured. Listen to yourself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back