Retired #34: Andrew Phillips - Retiring at the end of the 2023 season - 8/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheap depth for a year or two, and a upgrade on Zac Clarke. Simple trade, and our depth gets better.

Looks good in an Essendon jumper!

4f16bf8e80802ef28d4603486b37710a

(artists impression)

By the end of 2020 he will be ahead of T Bell.

Feels like we signed Grundy, to be honest.

Anything to not have to watch Clarke again.

In reality he's a physical presence. He'll take a body and that about all we need next year.

I don't think he can be more than that.

Still also cant help but think of Campbell...in North colours...

happy with this but seriously:

The Bombers secured the 28-year-old, along with picks 61 and 72, in exchange for selections 57 and 70 on Wednesday.

what is the ******* point?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He once ran 18.9kms in a game.

So if Phillips is break glass in emergency, what does that make Clarke? Delisted?

I don't know if he is. I think we will see him quite a bit.

Ok. I’ve never seen him play... I’ll rephrase that, I don’t recall him playing when I’ve seen his team play.

Look, he's average. But I think he isn't as far away from T Bell as it is. I think they might work in tandem?

Look, he's average. But I think he isn't as far away from T Bell as it is. I think they might work in tandem?
I’m a TBell fan/advocate but even I thought he was cooked. Obviously plenty of negative talk on here but maybe he was carrying an injury (typical). When a big man does an ankle it obviously takes longer to heal. Hoping he bounces back but I as well as others have my concerns. If Draper is slow in getting back, can he at least hold his own?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back