Retired #34: Andrew Phillips - Retiring at the end of the 2023 season - 8/8

Remove this Banner Ad

I would have taken a risk on Crauford.

Sydney has basically played 3 or 4 years without a ruckman now. There is a lot to admire about the way Sinclar plays but he's essentially just Shaun McKernan who doesn't give away free kicks, largely ineffective as tap ruckman. Allir is fodder.

The way most sides played Sandilands they essentially played without a ruckman and it didn't really distort clearances numbers, etc.

I can understand why they've gone with Phillips and it doesn't surprise me but it's unnecessarily conservative. I doubt the presence of Phillips on the list will make one bit of difference to the fortunes of the side in 2021.

As long as he does not get picked in a side with Draper...

I would have taken a risk on Crauford.

Sydney has basically played 3 or 4 years without a ruckman now. There is a lot to admire about the way Sinclar plays but he's essentially just Shaun McKernan who doesn't give away free kicks, largely ineffective as tap ruckman. Allir is fodder.

The way most sides played Sandilands they essentially played without a ruckman and it didn't really distort clearances numbers, etc.

I can understand why they've gone with Phillips and it doesn't surprise me but it's unnecessarily conservative. I doubt the presence of Phillips on the list will make one bit of difference to the fortunes of the side in 2021.

As long as he does not get picked in a side with Draper...
They have also had Naismith on the list, he’s just never healthy.

Sydney are s**t

Good enough for a cheap depth guy. We would've had to find another one if he'd left. Shouldnt play any seniors unless Draper is injured or needs a rest. In the VFL he is there to support Bryan while he develops. I think if we dont replace Crauford this off-season we'll need to add another Forward/Ruck next year.

Makes sense to do this. If Draper had any meaningful injury it would hurt us over an extended period. Will be a positive sign if he doesn't play a senior game but need some credible backup.

We are too. How many games have they lost because of their ruckman?
I wouldn't watch them enough to know. But they have been s**t for 3-4 years. They are not an example we should look at in any way.

They've only used Sinclair and Allir despite alternatives.

We are too. How many games have they lost because of their ruckman?

At the end of the day it's been Sinclair or bust.
Naismith was number 1 at the start of the year before doing his ACL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So that’s two players who have/will have kids at the club? Or am I forgetting someone
No, that's it (unless Wright or Hind have kids)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back