Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central Districts, Detroit Pistons
I think pretty much every ruckman does that now, can’t imagine too many preferring to cop it directly on the shin bone all game.
I was a ruckman who never wore them until about my last 5 years of footy. Got tripped one game that gave me a diagonal bruise down about 2/3 of my shin, thought I'd broken my shin when it happened. All of a sudden I felt contact I'd never noticed before and it hurt like a bitch so made sense to wear them.

I wore them on both legs though, never wanted to feel that pain from the trip in either leg again.

Test to be available against GWS.

Ruckman Andrew Phillips is also looming as another player who’ll be available for selection following a steady progression in his training loads.

The 29-year-old, who suffered a knock in Essendon’s Anzac Day victory, trained strongly over the weekend, signalling a positive step towards a return to playing.

“He’ll (Andrew Phillips) also be a test this week,” Murphy said.

“He copped a heavy knock last week. He did a session over the weekend and he’ll build up again this week and train.”

Jul 15, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Celtics, Colts, Renegades
Has played three games this year, two wins and a close loss to the Giants.

Our win when he missed was against the Saints without a seasoned ruckman.

Over simplification maybe, but I think his tireless efforts to at least contest has an impact.

For me he stays in until Draper is ripe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 6, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Subiaco, Everton, SF 49ers

Over simplification maybe, but I think his tireless efforts to at least contest has an impact.

Agreed, our best option over the next 3 games at least. If Draper still isn't ready after the bye, maybe Bryan could get a run against Hawthorn in round 14 with a few more VFL games under his belt by then.

Oct 22, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon

Flip Factor the new Slattery Effect?

I’m a fan of this man. Been really solid I reckon.
Apparently this is the second longest it's taken a player to get to 50 games – in his 10th season. Made a career out of being the bridesmaid I suppose.

Also apparently Goldstein is left handed, while Phillips is right handed. Just adds another layer to those ruck contests I guess!

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Apparently this is the second longest it's taken a player to get to 50 games – in his 10th season. Made a career out of being the bridesmaid I suppose.

Also apparently Goldstein is left handed, while Phillips is right handed. Just adds another layer to those ruck contests I guess!

Who was the first? Max Bailey took an eternity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back