Past #34: Ben Davies - drafted w/ pick 96 - 2 games for NM in '08 - delisted at end of '08

Remove this Banner Ad

Kimberley?

I have a few new nicknames in mind

Honestly, are these guys the future? They have zero hurt factor. We already have Simmo & Rawlings with minimal hurt factor, we can't afford to carry 2 more guys who look for other players to do it all.
I put Power & Davies in the same basket as Picioane, Green, McConnell et al.
On their good days they'll contribute at best. On their bad days, they'll stink.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They reflect Laidleys coaching if you ask me.

Laidley favours players who play a similiar to the way he did.

He will continute to pick up these sort of players as this is his philosophy.

Davies is no good. Power has one more games credit in the bank, but Davies is soft and for a bloke who has done stuff all, a pretty ____ing selfish footballer. Burnt Campbell twice today, only to attempt a big run and just cough it up. Doesn't shepard or block, just looks for bullshit kicks.

Ordinary.

Fair point. I wonder which mid-sized, mid-paced, average-skilled on-baller we'll pick up next year. I suspect Peverill & Jason Johnson will be looking for new homes next season.

Huh? Dean Laidley shows more courage eating dinner and tackles his kids harder in the backyard than Ben Davies did today.

Davies is no good. Power has one more games credit in the bank, but Davies is soft and for a bloke who has done stuff all, a pretty ____ing selfish footballer. Burnt Campbell twice today, only to attempt a big run and just cough it up. Doesn't shepard or block, just looks for bullshit kicks.

Ordinary.

V.F.L.Foot.Baller.

Painfully obvious.

Ordinary.
And a couple of times, hung onto the ball for too long, then delivered a crap kick because he wouldn't or couldn't use his left. :thumbsdown:

Huh? Dean Laidley shows more courage eating dinner and tackles his kids harder in the backyard than Ben Davies did today.

Yeah Davies is painfully soft and Laidley definately wasnt that.

My point is that Laidley was limited in football ability but tried hard.

It seems when he sees that in players, he has a soft spot for them which in my book, is unacceptable.

And a couple of times, hung onto the ball for too long, then delivered a crap kick because he wouldn't or couldn't use his left. :thumbsdown:

Oh I know!

It's almost like the bloke waits until he is being tackled to dispose of the ball.

NB, what did you think of the little "incident" near the goals in the first quarter today?

Which one? I can think of about three times when I was pleased with any contests today, so the percentages say that I thought the contest you are referencing was shithouse.

Which one? I can think of about three times when I was pleased with any contests today, so the percentages say that I thought the contest you are referencing was shithouse.

Where he completely missed the ball about 15 out, directly in front of our defensive goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back