Past #34: Charlie Ham - picked at #16 in '21 MSD - delisted end '21 - thanks Charlie

Screenshot_20210602-193133_NAB League.jpg
Screenshot_20210602-193224_NAB League.jpg

Souup

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
well if the scouts are correct and neat and athletic are true cans see a problem withthis pick, keep churning the list till we get players that dont fumble.

He runs a 3.12second 20m sprint and doesn't have a great leap on him. I'm not sure where the athleticism comments are coming from but that's certainly not a strength. He works hard and his endurance is solid which enables him to work and find the ball. He did test solidly in his agility test but his agility is not something that is particularly noticeable when you watch him.

His biggest strength is his ability to find the ball in the defensive half and work up to the wing to link up. If he can improve his decision making and work on being a more precise kick then he could end up a player.

If you want an optimistic comparison, I'd suggest he's similar to a left footed version of Jayden Short. Same kicking depth/distance but without the accuracy and decision making that Short has.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Welcome Charlie. Actually watched his game against the Bushrangers this year.

He is a decent athlete who last year tested really well in the yo yo and agility test. Was a dash unlucky not to get picked up last year.

Can play a wide variety of positions but best suited to half back or through the midfield. Good ball user and decision maker, has a nice turn of foot.

Surprise selection for mine, but plenty of upside.

Kangaroos techno

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Cam and larkey licking their lips. He can join the haircut club, clip off the sideburns and some train tracks.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
If you want an optimistic comparison, I'd suggest he's similar to a left footed version of Jayden Short. Same kicking depth/distance but without the accuracy and decision making that Short has.

That stuff can be learned unless his biomechanics are all off kilter.

Back