Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

can't see fridge wanting to go anywhere near Tex Walker, Mark Ricciuto and other crow flogs either images-1.jpg

Last edited:
Can’t see him saying to the club ‘I’m not going to Port but Adelaide still a chance.’

Suspect it’s done for at least this season.
It does seem odd, unless the club knew he was considering both teams and he gave them the heads up so they can focus on talks with Adelaide.

Just find it weird the articles say nothing of rejecting Port to stay at Richmond, or rejected the idea of trade requests at all. Just specifically Port.

The day before Graham toured Alberton, Port pleaded for a first-round compo pick for Amon. They then get a second-round compo and suddenly Graham decides to stay. I have a feeling that to pry a contracted Graham from us, we told Port only a first-rounder will do. They then said we could take their compo pick. As it was only a second-rounder, the deal fell through. The timeline fits perfectly. Graham also would only be happy if we were compensated well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It does seem odd, unless the club knew he was considering both teams and he gave them the heads up so they can focus on talks with Adelaide.

Just find it weird the articles say nothing of rejecting Port to stay at Richmond, or rejected the idea of trade requests at all. Just specifically Port.

I think that may be because whilst the Adelaide interest was reported, it wasn’t heavily reported and the link has really been ‘he’s from SA and Port had a crack, would Adelaide’.

Might be wrong but the fact that we haven’t heard be peep out of Adelaide outside of one article a few days ago makes me think that’s relatively dead in the water.

His manager probably talked him into having a look at it

I think you’re right. I suspect it was ‘nothing lost in having a look’ from his manager.

I think the there are way more players that have a tour of an opposing teams facilities around this time than is ever reported.

This was just happened to be filmed.

The day before Graham toured Alberton, Port pleaded for a first-round compo pick for Amon. They then get a second-round compo and suddenly Graham decides to stay. I have a feeling that to pry a contracted Graham from us, we told Port only a first-rounder will do. They then said we could take their compo pick. As it was only a second-rounder, the deal fell through. The timeline fits perfectly. Graham also would only be happy if we were compensated well.
Season 4 Success GIF by The Office

Remove this Banner Ad

Back