Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

great game by jackie boy, i had my doubts....not anymore, fantastic effort on limited pre season.

At least you're honest. Few others were saying this young kid wasn't up to it. Wasn't doing enough etc. Unreal. Will be a very good player for a long time. Love him in those centre bounces.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy for Jack to see him start the season like that , looking far more like a long term senior player. Reckon he’s dropped a couple of kegs , looked lighter on his feet

He has. Had a massive pre season. Been flying at training. That's why I picked him in that biggest improver thread. Kid is a pup, but a beast. Will get better and better. Him, Ross and RCD project well as contested-clearance beasts for years to come.

Made a few of you look pretty stupid tonight

LOL … made no one look stupid.
For the record, I am a big fan of jack but the criticisms - most of them constructive - last year were valid. He didn't do enough.
Last night he was great - but that's one from one. Means nothing if he comes out and doesn't perform against the Pies and we lose.
I would have thought after years of Ty Vickery, Ben Griffiths, Ben Lennon, Corey Ellis and Connor Menadue turning the corner with one good performance us fans would shy away from hailing blokes after ONE game.
He proved no one wrong or a fool until he does it again and again! And I think he can.

LOL … made no one look stupid.
For the record, I am a big fan of jack but the criticisms - most of them constructive - last year were valid. He didn't do enough.
Last night he was great - but that's one from one. Means nothing if he comes out and doesn't perform against the Pies and we lose.
I would have thought after years of Ty Vickery, Ben Griffiths, Ben Lennon, Corey Ellis and Connor Menadue turning the corner with one good performance us fans would shy away from hailing blokes after ONE game.
He proved no one wrong or a fool until he does it again and again! And I think he can.

Ouch. I was definitely on the Ty Vickery bandwagon. It took a while before I fully took on board that he was lazy and the occasional A grade performances weren't a sign of what could be, but symptomatic of A grade talent that just occasionally got fired up for a little while.

I reckon Jack is very different. He's such a competitive beast. He's a leader and will get the best out of himself.

Jack Graham had a good jlt2 and followed that up with a good round 1 game.

He has not done anything exceptional in either game but has performed at the required level with good solid performances.the trick is for him now to continue performing at the level.

How much better is it when he wins a bit of contested ball wwins a few clearances gets an adequate amount of ball but still provides a good defeensive set to his game.
Imo anything less than what he gave is not acceptable not foe an inside mid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back