Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - Part 2

tora tora tora

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
It was obvious the week of the Port game - it was going to be a mistake dropping Graham IMO.

Grigg gets 2 hitouts to the opposition rucks 80

when playing in the middle he is often against a better player like Sidebottom, Whitfield, Gaff and gets smashed

Graham adds more value, his inside work is very important; obviously needs to improve
What do you think the coaches are playing Grigg to win ruck contests? What are you even counting them for? Last time I checked Graham was leading our pressure stats. What needs to improve is the disposals. Need to be the 20s.
So Sidebottom played on Grigg did he?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tora tora tora

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
Grigg lines up in the center bounce pretty often in a non ruck capacity

Grigg is in the bottom 6 of the richmond22
Since we're talking about Graham, I don't think he is playing Rd 1; Conca has gone. We've lost midfield grunt. Sheds to play there? Aarts? Weller?

On Grigg, I certainly hope we uncover a player who takes his spot by the end of this season

tropicaltiger

ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Snakes
Since we're talking about Graham, I don't think he is playing Rd 1; Conca has gone. We've lost midfield grunt. Sheds to play there? Aarts? Weller?
On Grigg, I certainly hope we uncover a player who takes his spot by the end of this season
a few in the know would suggest that with conca and loydy gone and with jackg in the rehab group that ellis will be the man given first crack at making that 2 way hard running mid spot his own who gets his hands dirty in a similar fashion that has seen lambert go from a bits n pieces mid to a star.

Ancient Tiger

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
a few in the know would suggest that with conca and loydy gone and with jackg in the rehab group that ellis will be the man given first crack at making that 2 way hard running mid spot his own who gets his hands dirty in a similar fashion that has seen lambert go from a bits n pieces mid to a star.
:eek:

AFL Club
Richmond
Who is this Ellis you speak of?

Bojangles17

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
I’m expecting mav Weller will be given a chance too while our draftees gather strength

mopsy

Premiership Player
Other Teams
RICHMOND
Who do we compare Jack to. Averaged paced short in stature but big in frame INSIDE mid.
Off the top of the head M Crouch. Selwood, Lyons, Adams, Mitchell maybe , Anthony Miles, Nathan Jones, Mav Weller.

Like these blokes he needs to be dominant on the inside because imo he does not have enough tricks on the outside.Needs to double the contested ball he currently gets and that alone will get him up around 20 disposals a game. Needs to win a few more clearances than he does and i hope he is working on his pace and motor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marcel Proust

Team Captain
AFL Club
Richmond
Who do we compare Jack to. Averaged paced short in stature but big in frame INSIDE mid.
Off the top of the head M Crouch. Selwood, Lyons, Adams, Mitchell maybe , Anthony Miles, Nathan Jones, Mav Weller.

Like these blokes he needs to be dominant on the inside because imo he does not have enough tricks on the outside.Needs to double the contested ball he currently gets and that alone will get him up around 20 disposals a game. Needs to win a few more clearances than he does and i hope he is working on his pace and motor.
Graham has the lowest 'time on ground' percentage at Richmond @ around 70%

Last edited:

mopsy

Premiership Player
Other Teams
RICHMOND
Graham has the lowest 'time on ground' percentage at Richmond @ around 70%

hard to get the ball when your on the bench
And that means what Marcel.

Jack averages 71.7% game time for the yr.
The rest of the blokes who went thru midfield averaged between 71% and 84% game time. only 4 had more than 80% game time Martin 82%, Lambert 84%, Grigg 82% and Edwards 80%.

The rest were all within 5% game time.

It is only really the Kpp's who spend more than 90% of time on the ground.
Interesting to note Higgins only had 71.8% game time and Cotchin a paltry 76% game time.

Top Bottom