Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - Part 2

Jun 26, 2007
Newcastle
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Avalanche, Nuggets
Was solid. Looks like a slow improver but will be pretty good in a couple of years
Why hasn’t he won a 2nd flag yet?!?!?
Dud delist!!

Jks I love how he goes about it. Clearly he is given a role to be a tackling machine and does it well. Yes he has to improve a few things but who doesn’t.
Don't forget he's coming off shoulder surgery in the preseason, if he keeps building, his second half of the season should be what we expected after his first 5 games.

Tomnat Tigers

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal
Just think of it this way , Somebody has to do what he is doing and if Graham was not doing it ................. who would

This. Yes it would be nice for him to find more of the ball and use it more effectively when he does get it but in between all of that he is running himself into the ground and doing the team things. I see no reason why we would drop him with the style of football we play.

I like Jack Graham but im
Sick of hearing how much he tackles.

Ross came in on debut and showed a much better balance of defense and attack.

Graham could use a spell in the twos for his confidence.

He just seems a step off the pace to me.

Oct 7, 2001
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Heart, Furies
Really suprised, I thought he was one of our better players, especially in the first half. Think of his age, games played, who would would have played on against Port. Jesus Christ. He was basically the starting mid against Port who have a lot of big bodied midfielders.

I thought he was great, just my view.

Dr Awkward

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 23, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
Honestly think he has been really sub standard this year. His disposal is woeful. He is 6th in the competition in clangers, all of the other players in the top 10 are ones that get a lot more of the ball and do damage offensively. Has some great attributes but hurting the team atm in my opinion.

Roksman

Premiership Player
Feb 12, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
He's a 20 year old who is one dimensional. Let's not overreact that he's the 2nd coming.

If we're honest, he's been average for over a year now but we're blinded by the 2017 GF.

Needs to rediscover how to win some ball - he doesn't need to get 30 touches, but you can't hold your place just because you tackle.

Look at Bakers kick to Lynch against Port in the 4th quarter, precision. Compare that to Graham's kick to Lambert which Drew intercepted. Fact of the matter is Graham not only can't find it, he doesn't use it well either. A stint in the VFL is warranted.

Still rate him though.

Tigers_fan24

Premiership Player
May 6, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Not sold on him. As others have said, he’s too slow and can’t find the footy. And was heavily outplayed by Ross. Needs to find some form or else will struggle to make it back in.

Power Play

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2017
Brisbane
AFL Club
Richmond
RedmanWasHere where are you with the wins, losses, scores, total scores, average scores, personal percentage, whether it was H&A, margins per game, accumulated margins and opponents? No updates since round 3.

Back