Player Watch #34: Jackson Archer

Remove this Banner Ad

Got more possessions on debut in the seniors than he got in any VFL games this year. Pretty weird stat!

He cracked in hard and got to the right places a lot of the time. Needs to work on his disposal but other than that I was super impressed with the way he stepped up. After watching most of his games earlier in the year today’s efforts really surprised me.

Liked his style & particularly his attitude. Seemed to think playing for North Melbourne was a privilege.

Was it young Arch going full tilt through the centre who one-touched that pick up off his toes, going left of screen? 👈🏃‍♂️
I think so.

I saw his dad's first game and I made the same comment about his disposal by foot.
Glenn in the end was one of our better and more reliable ball users. Highly dependable

Made a few errors but looked more than okay today, gave 100% and had no issues standing up for himself.
Couple of off ones due to nerves but overall he was actually cleaner than I expected based on the feedback from VFL watchers. Would be extremely nerve wracking running out as the son of a club legend - so hopefully now that is off his back he will keep improving. I honestly don't understand how Turner can hold his place down back with Archer and Dawson to come.

Only real stuff-up was that turnover kick. I thought he played really well considering the expectation of many (including myself)

Only real stuff-up was that turnover kick. I thought he played really well considering the expectation of many (including myself)
Same. Delivered well above what I'd hoped and I think showed that whilst we don't want to put 19 year olds up against Tom Hawkins, there is no reason we can't put young players in fringe positions where seniors aren't up to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gifted the game because of his Dad but went ok.
That's a pretty sour take. He earned his spot and delivered above expectations of a first gamer. That's all he can do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back