Player Watch #34: Jackson Archer

Remove this Banner Ad

Love that he absolutely murders 50-50 contents.
Said the same thing myself today! At almost every contest he is in he is the underdog in terms of size and strength but he always holds his own and if he gets beat he makes them earn it.

Another who has benefited from opportunity this year and showed our development as a club isn’t as bad as what some say…

Well done young Arch!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has a crack, but bugger me the bar is low these days.

I’m yet to see him spin a drop punt yet at AFL or VFL level.

That turnover out of the D50 missed his target by about 20m.

Yes his kicking needs plenty of work but he has something

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Super impressed! moves really well, will be a good size ie has the frame, reads ball very well, good hands and super competitive. As others have said kicking needs work, but given his drive he will bust his arse to improve.reckon we have a player here, this surprises me having watched him a bit ( not a lot) through his junior years.
Well done young man!
reckon he has that fear of losing like his old man, which drives him

Apple didn't fall from the tree with this guy - ferocity, body on the line stuff.

However Clarko's key philosophy at Hawthorn was to ensure the backline had good foot skills.

With BMac very limited in that regard already there is only room for 1 more defender with poor kicking skills between him, LMAc, Dawson, Corr, Hall, Goater etc.

Unfortunately he plays in a position where quality kicking is an absolute non-negotiable.

Kyron Hayden has a crack too.

I wonder how many years this experiment will take.
First year player... who was drafted with pick 54 has a flaw. The horror! This will never change throughout his career!
Like most things, there's something to both perspectives - somebody determined to get the best out of themselves can go a long way on will power, but imo it is easier to improve athletically than it is to find genuine touch with foot skills. Personally, love to see Jackson carve out a good career

BMac 28th in the comp for disposal efficiency and highest at the club. Plays to his strengths. Jackson can be a better user if he picks the right options. Decision making just as important as execution

Remove this Banner Ad

Back