Player Watch #34: Jackson Archer

Remove this Banner Ad

A curse on the idiot who bestowed one of the best numbers for games played per player to just about the worst bloke in our history for getting on the park each week.

15 games in #6 for Garner. Ffs.

My memory had me living in a reality where Hansen played a lot less than he did and Garner a lot more. God I loved watching Grant play as a kid

Yeah. I don't disagree BUT i think Glen's football ability gets massively undersold due to his hardness etc. He was a bloody talented player, in just about any position on the ground.
His disposal was very reliable (and underrated). Maybe not penetrating but reliably spotted up and hit a target.

I had a very restless sleep as my daughter was having nightmares, so I ended up in her bed.
At one stage - in the hope it would tire my eyes - I was reading the article about jumper numbers. I subsequently had a dream that JHF was given the number 18 by Wayne Carey on draft night.

Lock it in.

Surely #31 for a ruck forward?

You can wear the #31, but you don't get to call yourself a ruck forward in that jumper until you've kicked 8 goals in a match down at Kardinia Park.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beginning to get very very very good vibes about this
Archer Senior tho obviously supremely gutsy , and had a fantastic leap and balance was not in anyone’s thinking as the player he became
yes he played in great sides, but he just got better and better

junior looks about 16 to me, once he develops into the Archer physique this might just another pice in the 2025 jigsaw

It really underlines the genuine excitement around JHF. Any other year, the very thought of Glenn Archer’s son coming to North would have created massive rejoicing. Right now, we seem to be treating it as as an afterthought.
******** ARCHER’S SON IS COMING! *******
Get around it!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It really underlines the genuine excitement around JHF. Any other year, the very thought of Glenn Archer’s son coming to North would have created massive rejoicing. Right now, we seem to be treating it as as an afterthought.
******** ARCHER’S SON IS COMING! *******
Get around it!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Meh..... .

Brady on Jacko:

He's always loved his footy, he actually grew quite late, he's around 187cm, he's got his dad covered. But he's really flourished in 2021, probably played local footy up until 2020 and in the Knights program, We watched him play every preseason game this season and we were really impressed with how he'd come on from previous years. At the start the NAB League season, had a terrific season at the Northern Knights as mainly as that small defender, and had some big jobs, believe it or not he's tough. I don't think he got feared unless he backed into packs.

He's a courageous young man, he sticks to his task, he played a couple of VFL games for us and went straight down to the last line of defence and he was more than comfortable than playing on anyone deep. He's got a great attitude and he's going to put he's best foot forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Back