Player Watch #34: Jackson Archer

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see North do the right thing and pick him up... wonder if the kid was there that day Carey got sprung schtupping Stephens' missus, maybe not even born yet?

Definitely not born yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know the natural comparison is his dad but his playing style reminded me more of Josh Gibson (hopefully without the dickheadedness).

Stick to a man and effect the spoil, calmly dispose of it in possession. Obviously Gibson flourished into a more complete player than that.

Jackson and Bonar actually look to play the defensive role similarly. As I said above, Jackson's kicking looks sound and I hope he could get his movement and confidence in his kicking up to a level where he could play more of a Firrito or yes, Archer Sr style of defender.

Through his actions, this social commentator has time and again attacked the club for a decade.

It’s not to say that none of it is true. However it is always unbalanced, casting huge shade on the club and full of innuendo, suggestion and speculation.

At every opportunity he undermines our brand, pushes age old stereotypes snd has to my recollection never done a thing to build up the club in any way - not even the smallest ways.

he has no real insight into the club so is often wrong but instead speculates and drags up old examples to push his narrative.

It is not about him being wrong - it is about him being full of hate and disrespect

To defend him is naive at best, stupid at worst.

If he thought he was trying to help the club be better - he is deluded and dangerous

they are my thoughts on said individual

You can’t handle anything negative being said about us, though. You lose your s**t…!

We have been near on a basket case for 20 years, it’s ok to say that, it’s ok to feel that only in the last 12 months have we really found our balls again.

See you might not remember this, but when the club needed him - he was there for us and many of the heroes of 2006/7 will tell you this.

I don’t like the guy, but I don’t care when a North supporter attacks us, I actually feel it has more meaning. I spent years hating the club, attacking the club, writing letters, forming cliques. Every time Brad mentioned easy fixes and changes, only to then do nothing and set those poor standards in stone - was a dagger through my heart. I only started feeling better after I sent an email to the club in 2016 that this clowns time is up and I won’t be renewing my membership until he’s out.

You can’t handle anything negative being said about us, though. You lose your sh*t…!

We have been near on a basket case for 20 years, it’s ok to say that, it’s ok to feel that only in the last 12 months have we really found our balls again.

See you might not remember this, but when the club needed him - he was there for us and many of the heroes of 2006/7 will tell you this.

I don’t like the guy, but I don’t care when a North supporter attacks us, I actually feel it has more meaning. I spent years hating the club, attacking the club, writing letters, forming cliques. Every time Brad mentioned easy fixes and changes, only to then do nothing and set those poor standards in stone - was a dagger through my heart. I only started feeling better after I sent an email to the club in 2016 that this clowns time is up and I won’t be renewing my membership until he’s out.

that’s a reasonable position , I have no issue with it.

I actually don’t mind negativity towards the club if/ when reasonably articulated. Most commentary is uninformed or outdated rubbish, particularly in the media. Posters in here I expect a higher level of respect for players in particular snd other posters with a reasoned tone - be negative all they like but be considerate.

This particular ‘writer’ deserves no further consideration from me , his action over the past decade speaks for themselves. One time support doesn’t give him a license to do what he does.

Fwiw - I’ve sent my share of emails snd have cancelled my membership before. I get it , it’s a passionate business

Remove this Banner Ad

Back