Player Watch #34: Jackson Archer

Remove this Banner Ad

Not what I've heard...
Shrugs

Only going off limited first hand - which is all I have. I honestly wouldn't know enough to comment outside that either way and I wouldn't.

Im not a North Melbourne supporter but I shed a tear in my eye when he called his dad Glenn. Sometimes the emotion gets to us neutral supporters as well.

Will watch him play with some eagerness.
Call me a bit of an emotional fairy but I have now watched that clip 3 times as a neutral supporter and I shed a tear each time.

This is one of the smartest and best things the club has done in years. I know some people criticised his drafting and selection but at a time when footy seems like packaged, manipulative corporate s**t this stuff reminds people what its really about.

Arch sr wasn't just rough and tough onfield. He was courageous - going by the AFLPA award he is officially the bravest player in the game since the AFL started. He put himself in harms way time and again. That's why we love him so much. Everyone involved in footy loves seeing this emotion from him. Its good for us when we've had so much negative media recently too because it cuts right thru that s**t, reminds everyone what footy is about and ... yet again ... we're the ones showing that to people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has looked at home. Couple of marks, kicks, handballs. Hands are sharp. Plus getting in there flying the flag.
He is doing more than Thomas at this stage which is a blight against Thomas given the differential in experience. Jackson just wants it more IMO

Flew the flag and played with more courage than most out of this gutless team, and made his mistakes but picked himself up and went at it again to get some positives out of his game.

Plays next week.
Yep - good effort.

Tries hard, skills are a massive red flag and will need to improve if he's going to make it as an AFL footballer.

Should hold his spot for next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back