Player Watch #34: Jackson Archer

Remove this Banner Ad

Would have preferred Hayden. At least he can look like a footballer when he keeps it simple.

We're starting to get to the stage where decisions will be made on who is on our list next season. There's almost no point playing Hayden, now Atu gets his chance to play for a contract.

Agree, though it’s not lost on me that his disposal criticism isn’t afforded to Hayden.
Well if its a Hip injuiry with his light frame put him in cotton wool now and put him on the same strengh and conditioning as Edwards as I think Archer would need to put on 10 to 15 Kg over the next 2 years.

Agree, though it’s not lost on me that his disposal criticism isn’t afforded to Hayden.
The difference I think comes down to it being his debut and playing above what he had shown at VFL level in other aspects. There’s been plenty of people criticising plenty of aspects of his game throughout the year.

The difference I think comes down to it being his debut and playing above what he had shown at VFL level in other aspects. There’s been plenty of people criticising plenty of aspects of his game throughout the year.

I’m not criticising Arch. I just rate Hayden as a defender. Arch is hard to play on as well so hopefully the kicking was just due to first game nerves.

Personally, I don’t think you’re small lockdown defender needs to be a great kick. Obviously it’s better if they are, but their job is stopping the oppo’s best small forward kicking goals.

I’m not criticising Arch. I just rate Hayden as a defender. Arch is hard to play on as well so hopefully the kicking was just due to first game nerves.

Personally, I don’t think you’re small lockdown defender needs to be a great kick. Obviously it’s better if they are, but their job is stopping the oppo’s best small forward kicking goals.
You don't have to be a great kick but you have to be able to play within your limits.

The shocking unforced clangers from our skill errors that lead to easy goals completely undo the defensive work of of being a good lockdown defender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll admit I haven't watch a single VFL game......but for those of you who have.....can you honestly say that Archer was doing better than Goater/Bergman?

How has Archer gotten ahead of those two?
In the case of Bergman, Archer had a functioning right shoulder.

I'll admit I haven't watch a single VFL game......but for those of you who have.....can you honestly say that Archer was doing better than Goater/Bergman?

How has Archer gotten ahead of those two?
No, he wasn’t doing better than them. He had a very good game prior to debut and we needed a lockdown defender, simple as that.

Interesting today was a function for willi CYS. Glenn Archer guest speaker. When my uncle spoke to him about Jackson Glenn said he felt he wasn't ready to make his debut and thinks he's still a year off however was obviously happy he got a game and played well
Well he performed well enough. If that’s not ready.. he will be a ripper when he’s ready!!

No, he wasn’t doing better than them. He had a very good game prior to debut and we needed a lockdown defender, simple as that.
And the prior consecutive weeks of being on the emergency list?

The reality of situation was this…..

Jackson’s dad despite no longer having a role at the club, he still has significant say on the board.

I assume you can connect the dots….

Remove this Banner Ad

Back