Delisted #34: Jake Long - Delisted - 24/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Much like "allowing" McKenna time off to go to Ireland for his brother's wedding, I think it's great the club is letting Jake Long go play with St Mary's. Keeping the player's happy is an excellent player retention strategy.

I thought he’d be delisted already so he’s exceeded my expectations
Do you mean last year or the year before?

I'm not trying to stir Hank up here and mean this with no disrespect but fair dinkum Longy has had a good run...

433092_7d9b2d79e5a1ca9b8ce92f32cf4354f6.png

Nothing against Jake, but he should've been delisted 2-3 years ago, and hindsight was not required here.

If he had been, we could be sitting here right now deciding whether or not his replacement will be good enough, or perhaps marvelling that his replacement has demonstrated that he already is. That's 1 more player we'll never get a look at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eh. Should be delisted, we need to cut 2 more players (logically it's him and Z Clarke). But really, it's not unheard of across all AFL circles. Jordan Cunico from Geelong, James Rose from Sydney straight off the top of my head.

Eh. Should be delisted, we need to cut 2 more players (logically it's him and Z Clarke). But really, it's not unheard of across all AFL circles. Jordan Cunico from Geelong, James Rose from Sydney straight off the top of my head.

He must be in the running for most years on list for fewest games.

He must be in the running for most years on list for fewest games.
Derick Wanganeen didn't play a game IIRC and was on Hawthorne's list for 4-5 years.

Hawks had a few. Lowden and Grimley too.

There was a ruckman at North recently. Really big guy that debuted in year 5 or 6.
Currie, but in fairness he was at like 2 other clubs before Norf.

The club has made further changes to its list with Zac Clarke, Trent Mynott, Jake Long and Tuth (Tom) Jok informed they will not be offered contracts for the 2020 season.

Drafted as a father-son selection in the 2015 AFL Rookie Draft, Jake Long made his debut in Round 21, 2016 and went on to feature in a further four games for the Bombers during his time at the Club.
from the member email

Sad to see a father/son delisted, but I think it's for the best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back