Delisted #34: Jake Long - Delisted - 24/10

Remove this Banner Ad

As Long produces a good quality VFL season with a few AFL games, he's likely to be offered a spot on the primary list, seeing there are few older guys/fringe players like Kelly, Watson, Stanton, J.Merrett, Howlett etc who may not be around in 2018.

Unless something drastic happens I can't see him not being elevated. Remember us battling to keep a first round pick in 2014 and for us to be able to use that on a father/son? It delivered Laverde in the end but that was so we could retain access to him. He was unlucky because he then got injured and missed the entire following year but we fought hard for him so we clearly rate the s**t out of him.

Given where he's come from you'd basically call 2015 his TAC cup year and 2016 his first proper go at it.

All things considered I still think he's in front of where the club would have projected him to be given that his frame and style of play don't exactly lend themselves to immediate impact.

Last edited:

No reason to assume anything other than things continue to be on course.

Long has talent to burn and, like Package said above, he was always going to be a long term project. Not many 18 year olds get two year rookie contracts (and don't have to ask for a third).

You will know that Long is in trouble if Dodoro stops grinning like a Cheshire cat every time he mentions his name.

Did about 5 re-takes looking at Long's rig in that Langford video. He's put on heaps of weight and looks about 6'2 which is also a bit surprising.

He looks AFL ready which for Long was always going to be the major part of the battle. Want to wait to see him in action before getting excited but in my mind he's moving into the category "expect big things".

Only a matter of time, please though, no Bruce calling at the time.
Well considering it's on Foxtel, he won't be.

Cant see Watson retiring the year after he wins the brownlow.

Imagine that, what a bird flip that would be.
"and I'm ouuuuuuuut".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KRsv4.png

Did about 5 re-takes looking at Long's rig in that Langford video. He's put on heaps of weight and looks about 6'2 which is also a bit surprising.

He looks AFL ready which for Long was always going to be the major part of the battle. Want to wait to see him in action before getting excited but in my mind he's moving into the category "expect big things".
Yep could even be a little taller again... Maybe 190cm now? If he bulks out a little more then he is an utterly different proposition to what we thought. Fascinating and salivating all at the same time. Need a new word... Faslivating?

Can't wait to see Longy this week. Reckon we are crying out for a dynamic mid and no reason I can see that he can't be that guy.

Loved his intensity and passion last year. Hope to see it again tomorrow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back