Delisted #34: Jake Long - Delisted - 24/10

Remove this Banner Ad

whats a 'dynamic mid' and how does that differ from a regular mid or the other types of mid (inside bull, classy outside receiver)?
For me it's someone who can take players on, move in and out of traffic and break the game open.

Your idea of what constitutes a dynamic mid may be different.

Wing. He's exactly the type of player we want- evasive, defensive grunt and determination, speed, and I think he uses it pretty well. Is now 6 foot 6... Might be a small exaggeration. Has what it takes to make it.
Was my boy last year, and coulda been my boy this year- but I chose Paddy Ambrose. Paddy *in Ambrose*.

*who I will promptly claim when he buries some hawthorn munter in rnd 1.

Wing. He's exactly the type of player we want- evasive, defensive grunt and determination, speed, and I think he uses it pretty well. Is now 6 foot 6... Might be a small exaggeration. Has what it takes to make it.
Was my boy last year, and coulda been my boy this year- but I chose Paddy Ambrose. Paddy ****in Ambrose*.

*who I will promptly claim when he buries some hawthorn munter in rnd 1.
I rated Long best player in the draft, very happy that he slid :);)

He was good, aside from a few mistakes I don't think he would normally make. I think I say this everytime I post in this thread, but I still have no idea why he hasn't spent time at half-back.

Did all of the required defensive work but still yet to show what he can do when in attack mode.

It would be nice to use him the way the Cats use Motlop, for example, and the way we used Colyer in 2014 and 2015.

His indecisiveness at times was bush league levels of horridness.

Good again, but struggle to see him playing round 1 due to our insane depth.

Will play lots of footy this year though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Long way off our best 22 atm, needs to do more simple as that
giphy.gif

He's got loads of raw talent but still needs to build up his body and get stronger. When he's physically stronger I think that will also help his confidence - he seems to lack the confidence to execute the skills he has at times often second guessing himself. Still 12 months away for mine.

His indecisiveness at times was bush league levels of horridness.

Yeah, there was a moment on the wing where he got it, and needed to hand it off to McGrath who just beat his opponent, he just sat there like a stunned mullet, I hope it's just nerves and not a true reflection of his game. After watching Jobe, Parish and McGrath with their lightning brains and hands, it might make players like Long look worse though.

Yeah, there was a moment on the wing where he got it, and needed to hand it off to McGrath who just beat his opponent, he just sat there like a stunned mullet, I hope it's just nerves and not a true reflection of his game. After watching Jobe, Parish and McGrath with their lightning brains and hands, it might make players like Long look worse though.

It's just something he needs to get out of his game. He did the same thing through out the VFL last year, and was quite poor with his decision making in the final against the Bulldogs.

I recall that one, he eventually handballed it but by the time he'd made the decision he had to handball through a couple of GC players and it was behind McGrath. First option would've seen McGrath released into space approaching half forward.

It wouldn't matter who you watched in the same team, that was a late decision and given how late it was, it turned out to be a poor decision

I recall that one, he eventually handballed it but by the time he'd made the decision he had to handball through a couple of GC players and it was behind McGrath. First option would've seen McGrath released into space approaching half forward.

It wouldn't matter who you watched in the same team, that was a late decision and given how late it was, it turned out to be a poor decision
I reckon anyone who watched the game remembers it as it was probably the most incompetent piece of footy during the game. Can't be doing that too often.

Is definitely improving though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back