Delisted #34: Jake Long - Delisted - 24/10

Remove this Banner Ad

More often than not in those games you see line coaches give out votes exclusively to their players.

I saw his season as an improvement on last season. I don't give a damn where he finished in the BnF, I'll back my judgement on this.I'll back him to improve again and push for a spot off half back later in the year.

I notice you failed to answer how many times you saw him this year.

I think you’ve misunderstood how the b&f works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was fairly average last year in the VFL. Would need to improve out of sight to be any sort of factor in 2018.

Trained with the midfield group today, apparently
Unsurprising considering he's been playing midfield for the past 2 seasons.

Unsurprising considering he's been playing midfield for the past 2 seasons.
He has been playing Hbf or wing, but not starting in the middle as far as I can remember?. ...(coulda been clearer about middle v midfield sorry).

I thought Long was good when he got the ball, just doesn't accumulate enough at the moment. Definitely a long shot at this stage but I still have some hopes if only because of his defensive capacity and he is okay in the air for his size...

He has been playing Hbf or wing, but not starting in the middle as far as I can remember?. ...(coulda been clearer about middle v midfield sorry).

I thought Long was good when he got the ball, just doesn't accumulate enough at the moment. Definitely a long shot at this stage but I still have some hopes if only because of his defensive capacity and he is okay in the air for his size...
He plays win with the occasional stint off half forward.

Bit of half-back in 2017 too, maybe? (Guess I could just read back a few pages:p)
Not really. Been a bit perplexing in that regard. Obviously has the defensive intent but eh. Vast majority has been on a wing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a chance to show a bit on Sat but struggled.
He seems to have plateaued a bit. Average first year, showed really good improvement in his second season but seemed to level out last year.
Needs to find the next level to stay on the list. Has time to do that this year but really has to if he is to push others out of contention. IMO the odds are starting to go against him.

Had a chance to show a bit on Sat but struggled.
He seems to have plateaued a bit. Average first year, showed really good improvement in his second season but seemed to level out last year.
Needs to find the next level to stay on the list. Has time to do that this year but really has to if he is to push others out of contention. IMO the odds are starting to go against him.

Has been a project and has not worked out. (Or likely won't)

That is fine. This is the point of project players.

Farken Long again...if he gets a run again it's crazy - least likely to make it on our list since Quinn (if not longer), and never seems to be short of opportunities to show us why.
Look who's back. And you'd be wrong about something again, unsurprisingly.

I would keep him on the VFL list if it dosen't work out would hate for him to get delisted only for another club to take a punt on him and become a player.

So you'd rather keep the man down? That's harsh man.

I would keep him on the VFL list if it dosen't work out would hate for him to get delisted only for another club to take a punt on him and become a player.
I don't think him being on the VFL list would stop that from happening mate.

So you'd rather keep the man down? That's harsh man.
‘Bombers For Life’ obviously refers not only to him as a supporter but also to every SoB who dons the red sash... even if it denies you progression as a human being. I am sympathetic to this view.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back