Delisted 34. James Parsons (2016-2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

And a small blurb from the Hun the other day. Would you believe he is ANOTHER foot stress fracture player??

JAMES PARSONS

Parsons is less of a sure thing that Ranges’ top three prospects but they still expect him to be taken around pick 40.

An outside mid or half-forward, his accurate kicking and ability to play off both sides of his body make for enticing raw material for an AFL club to work with.

“What he does well he does exceptionally, it’s just getting that consistency,” Villani said.

“He’s really good in traffic. He’ll do two or three things a game that will make you sit back and go ‘wow’.”

cfe57f2e53e05c7454cf8cb96b1412f4

James Parsons is expected to be picked up late in tomorrow’s draft. Picture: Valeriu Campan
A small stress fracture in his foot led to Parsons missing almost two months near the end of the season but Ranges reckon he had done enough prior to that to make the grade.

“It’s just that ability to go four quarters, and his workrate at times (that he needs to improve). “But at the other end of the spectrum, he was sensational at half-back for us in the last few rounds before he got injured.“​

And a small blurb from the Hun the other day. Would you believe he is ANOTHER foot stress fracture player??

JAMES PARSONS

Parsons is less of a sure thing that Ranges’ top three prospects but they still expect him to be taken around pick 40.

An outside mid or half-forward, his accurate kicking and ability to play off both sides of his body make for enticing raw material for an AFL club to work with.

“What he does well he does exceptionally, it’s just getting that consistency,” Villani said.

“He’s really good in traffic. He’ll do two or three things a game that will make you sit back and go ‘wow’.”

cfe57f2e53e05c7454cf8cb96b1412f4

James Parsons is expected to be picked up late in tomorrow’s draft. Picture: Valeriu Campan
A small stress fracture in his foot led to Parsons missing almost two months near the end of the season but Ranges reckon he had done enough prior to that to make the grade.

“It’s just that ability to go four quarters, and his workrate at times (that he needs to improve). “But at the other end of the spectrum, he was sensational at half-back for us in the last few rounds before he got injured.“​

smh….

but this wont be an issue….

right?!?!

GO Catters

James Parsons Midfielder
189cm/75kg
12/4/97
Eastern Ranges

"Parsons' outside run and skill level might be enough to see him get a chance as a rookie despite an up and down season. The NAB AFL Academy graduate has speed and carries the ball, and can kick the ball long and with penetration. His physical makeup also makes him a player with promise, given he should be able to add some size if he gets into the system".

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-11-25/ten-to-watch-in-the-nab-afl-rookie-draft

Last edited:
I liked this from the Bound for Glory write up...

Player comparison: Martin Gleeson

Big fan of Gleeson, has Enright traits...

But I guess we'll see, looked ok in highlights, and is a good size...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I liked this from the Bound for Glory write up...

Player comparison: Martin Gleeson

Big fan of Gleeson, has Enright traits...

But I guess we'll see, looked ok in highlights, and is a good size...

Article on Geelong website has since compared him to Martin Gleeson as well.

http://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/2015-11-27/rookie-pick-27-cats-select

You are spot on with the Enright comparison from early last year.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-04-19/bombers-corey-enright-clone

50. James PARSONS

Eastern Ranges | 12/4/97 | Ht: 189 | Wt: 77
“I reckon Parso’s the kid who might get through to 40 or 50 in the draft, and then in five years time when they go back through the draft history and they go, “Well, how the hell did he get to that?“ He does some stuff at some times that you go, “Wow!“ His consistency and competitiveness have been an issue for him. He’ll play a half, but he won’t play a full game. He’ll play a quarter, but he won’t play the next quarter – so that’s the biggest issue with him. I see him as a bit of an Isaac Smith wing-type, but also we played him off half back the last six or seven weeks of the year. His speed and ability to get through traffic, and that effortless shimmy and away we go, it’s a real trait of his.“ – Eastern Ranges’ talent manager Len Villani
If not him, who else? Ben Crocker.

Source: http://www.sen.com.au/news/11-15/bretts-final-2015-afl-mock-draft#oTGlbMgobHWPtK2w.99

Parsons sounds like another exciting choice!

"The Cats also took Eastern Ranges midfielder James Parsons who, like Cornell, was a member of the AFL academy.

He is said to have elite speed and long kicking, and also impressed in the national championships playing for Vic Metro."
http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...t/news-story/d0eb3395d6f7c2488d28c00e8ff13315

For the visually inclined -

2916893_1_M.jpg
Looks a little like Gregson in that pic. I hope he isn't really much like him or I will be a very confused person if they both play in the same team in the future. :(

Of the 4 rookies I like this bloke best.
He has excellent spatial awareness and athletic balance
you can see it in his evasive manoeuvres
He is not trying to dodge a tackle by twisting, turning or arching
He is fully aware where his body is in relation to his surroundings
He is making time and space while in auto-pilot.
He turns one way then another with ease
All while he is scanning and accessing his disposal options.
His excellent disposal comes from this balance and burst of speed
His ability to find time and space means he never looks rushed.
Kids like this look average in poor skilled teams
Yet slot straight into better teams and look comfortable there.
He has the natural skill set...
the rest we can teach him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back