Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The 2 2019 AA halfbacks averaged 1.4 and 2.7 so yep 2.2 is acceptable.
The AA half back hit targets lace out and kicked goals.. so unless youre an attacking half back which is what most AA half backs are or an intercept marking beast then you best be laying more tackles per game.. he’s *in s**t
Both Grimes and Tom Stewart are intercept marking beasts.. macmillan runs under the ball and points fingers

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Hang on, you have defended Jmac relentlessly on this page and now you’ve had a change of heart?

No I haven't. I have attempted to bring balance to a discussion that regularly meanders down a path towards absurdity.

Most of the critiques put forward are garbage.

I dont think im missing the point

Yeah, you are mate.

The point of that list is to highlight all the defenders who average less tackles than Jamie, but somehow never attract a mention about their tackling or physical application.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
The AA half back hit targets lace out and kicked goals.. so unless youre an attacking half back which is what most AA half backs are or an intercept marking beast then you best be laying more tackles per game.. he’s fu**in s**t

AFL stats aren’t that useful. Those tackles could be pile ons. It’s the open field and difficult tackles where Macmillan is no good. As far as I know there’s no stat that measures these type of tackles.

The AA half back hit targets lace out and kicked goals.. so unless youre an attacking half back which is what most AA half backs are or an intercept marking beast then you best be laying more tackles per game.. he’s fu**in s**t
Both Grimes and Tom Stewart are intercept marking beasts.. macmillan runs under the ball and points fingers
DE: JMac v BH,
79.5 to 80.2

you see what you want to see.

And Hurn averaged 1 more intercept per game.

you see what you want to see

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
No one is claiming that Jamie is Guy McKenna, but how about being fair? Don't we owe that to all North players?

So much of the criticism is just a display of an ignorant pile on mentality.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
That’s my point... how can a man in the midfield who isn’t reknown for tackling average more tackles than jmac.... hence not sure about such stats

Your "point" misses "the" point.

Who do you think has more play involvements during a match of AFL football, a midfielder or a defender?

disco_cowboy

Club Legend
Feb 18, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
is the issue that he doesn't make the kicks that count when rebounding off half bacK? I would say that is where i got most frustrated with him.
But in saying that Atley isn't any better, and Shaw has asked Pittard to focus on defence before rebounding for (assumingly) the same reason.
We miss a an elite ball user coming out of defence, Scooter used to be pretty good at it.
Not sure if strictly JMacs fault cause I reckon his value comes in pressure acts more than anything.

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
is the issue that he doesn't make the kicks that count when rebounding off half bacK? I would say that is where i got most frustrated with him.
But in saying that Atley isn't any better, and Shaw has asked Pittard to focus on defence before rebounding for (assumingly) the same reason.
We miss a an elite ball user coming out of defence, Scooter used to be pretty good at it.
Not sure if strictly JMacs fault cause I reckon his value comes in pressure acts more than anything.

Correct both Zac Williams and Saad out of contract this year.... we still have that treasure chest or has covid taken that with it

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back