Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

Remove this Banner Ad

I just watched the Hawthorn vision, I can see why he wasn't named in the Gavin Brown match reports.....

Coaches comments are a bit more positive than the oppositions highlights package.

Of the dropped Jamie Macmillan, Shaw said: "We just needed a bit more impact from him ... Jamie understand where he's at. He went back with a fantastic attitude ... [and] put himself right back into contention."

I have liked him this year , i don't cover my eyes every time he touches the ball anymore and the gut running vs gws he did to spoil greenes goal might have saved us from losing momentum in a game that was very close at the time.

I have liked him this year , i don't cover my eyes every time he touches the ball anymore and the gut running vs gws he did to spoil greenes goal might have saved us from losing momentum in a game that was very close at the time.
Atleys last 3 weeks and Pittards past fortnight have been worse than anything JMacs dished up since Rhyce took over.

One act 6 years ago?
Thats why he’s a squib, hurt him so much he pussies out

want me to show the ducking, the bail outs, the fists instead of marking, the broken tackles? Mate, he’s a girls Dick

edit: lol and he’s so soft at the age of what 23? He had no idea how to attack the ball on the ground, leading with your face isnt ideal, thats someone who never won a hard ball head on! look, he was okay, had an okay career, nothing stood out, but a squib is how he’ll be remembered. Squibs get cleaned up occasionally too, you do realise this?
What is your opinion on Shaws coaching if JMac is back after one week. There are other options but he chose to bring him straight back in. If he is as bad as you say what in gods name does Shaw see in him.

What is your opinion on Shaws coaching if JMac is back after one week. There are other options but he chose to bring him straight back in. If he is as bad as you say what in gods name does Shaw see in him.
Hit rhe nail on the head, he gets criticised on here and often personally insulted as if he selects himself in the team!

Hit rhe nail on the head, he gets criticised on here and often personally insulted as if he selects himself in the team!

.............and there's crickets chirping when he plays a good one.

The sad fact is that there are people here who are personally invested in a player playing badly. They're not actual NMFC supporters, regardless of how many memberships they purchase..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

.............and there's crickets chirping when he plays a good one.

The sad fact is that there are people here who are personally invested in a player playing badly. They're not actual NMFC supporters, regardless of how many memberships they purchase..

bullshit! I expect better from a leader and will not forget “winning isn’t important” What a squib

What other options are there exactly?

that's how I used to feel about Sam Gibson - the best (maybe only) four quarter runner we had, who won us some tight games by providing a transition outlet through sheer hard running, in close games in the dying minutes, and people would bang on about his DE (which was in fact, pretty good)

Well said, Merlin.

Used to go to war every week defending the bloke. Could have used your help back then.

I love that he holds the club's consecutive games played record. Nice little historical f-u to the people who relentlessly bagged him.

Of the dropped Jamie Macmillan, Shaw said: "We just needed a bit more impact from him ... Jamie understand where he's at. He went back with a fantastic attitude ... [and] put himself right back into contention."

Wish Brad could have seen it's possible to both drop players and still be supportive.

If he's returning off the back of doing the required work, that's good enough for me.

Oh yes he did, wow wee he did. Last year after round 3 or 4 in a post game interview

Edit: “Its not a must win” same sh*t
The interviewer was trying to corner him into saying that if we didn't win that week it was season over and he just wasn't buying it. Are you saying you'd respect him more if he trotted out the "every week is a must win" bullshit? That doesn't affect his effort on the field one iota.

Do you also complain about interviews being boring because players just talk in cliches? If I can point out the bleeding obvious, every week is not a "must win", until you're in an elimination type final or you are on the verge of being unable to make the finals. We weren't at that point then.

As long as they put in 100% on the park I don't give a f#$@ what players say after the game, whether they smile or cry when they leave the ground after a loss, etc.

Oh yes he did, wow wee he did. Last year after round 3 or 4 in a post game interview

Edit: “Its not a must win” same sh*t
It’s not the same s**t.

he clearly meant that should the team not win, the season would not be over. The froth that cretins like you got in over that one quote is embarrassingly overblown.
JMac has continually put his body on the line, for this club.... has been an immense servant and deserves a modicum of respect

Remove this Banner Ad

Back