Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask yourselves this question. If player X is moved on from our list will we truly miss him? Is he replaceable with others on the list? Sadly players like JMac, Wood, Turner etc are all replaceable. Shaw and Rawlings are in the process of doing their thing. :stern look
I've asked myself the same question that I asked myself above and I got the same answer. JMac won't be missed if he is moved on from the list. :stern look

Been a very consistent theme over the years that he somehow ends up on key forwards. I don't understand how it keeps happening
Most likely because he can’t play on a decent half forward?

All I know is that for this club to move forward we can’t keep persisting with average to poor experienced senior players.

Pittard has been trash for 3 weeks now and I would still take him in a heartbeat over turnstiles.

I am struggling to think of one positive this spud brings to the side?

Leadership - x
Kicking - x
Handballing - ?
Defensive Capability - x
Marking - x
Tackling - xxxxxxxxxx
Finger Pointing - tick

I lied I did find one ;)

I've asked myself the same question that I asked myself above and I got the same answer. JMac won't be missed if he is moved on from the list. :stern look
Both of our last two coaches need to take some responsibility.

Every time he has been dropped they have brought him straight back in on the back of average VFL form.

There needs to be a time when you send a message to MacMillan that you aren’t back until you can string together a great patch of VFL form.

He was ok tonight.
Is your ok based on tha he wasn’t as poor as some? If you are measuring him to an AFL standard he was nowhere near ok.

But when have we seen him be anything but s**t or just ok?

A guy that has played over 150 games and can only muster just ok on the rare occasion is not part of a premiership winning team.

Is your ok based on tha he wasn’t as poor as some? If you are measuring him to an AFL standard he was nowhere near ok.

But when have we seen him be anything but sh*t or just ok?

A guy that has played over 150 games and can only muster just ok on the rare occasion is not part of a premiership winning team.
We need to move past him, but he was ok tonight. Did some good things, stuffed up a couple of times. Far from worst.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to move past him, but he was ok tonight. Did some good things, stuffed up a couple of times. Far from worst.
Correct.

It’s now a futile exercise playing him. All we are doing is wasting the chance to get games into someone that has the potential to be a much better player than MacMillan will ever be.

In my opinion, every game that MacMillan plays is an opportunity lost.

Yes Murphy could come in and stink it up, but we need to find out because MacMillan is not the answer either.

When was the last time he pushed up, got a quick handball and kicked a team-lifting running goal from 50?

If you're in the leadership group and the team is down, don't let it disintegrate in front of you. Take the game on, get the boys pumped, do something miraculous, anything! Take some inspiration from your vice-captain teammate that has to look after the big blokes in Tarrant!

He has the opportunity to elevate his game as a senior player and leader, but I just haven't seen him do much more that another young footballer can do (and better).

He can be a serviceable player or he can be a gun player that you can stand behind. He is not a gun player. Like Atley, after promising youth years, they have stopped dead at a certain level comfortable to them. I hope this doesn't happen to our new crop of young players.

A decision needs to be made, unfortunately not in Jamie’s favour.
Should go at seasons end but won’t if he does go he will be delisted as clubs won’t trade for him.
The only players worth Trade would be a Simpkin for a 1st rounder Cunnington for a 1st rounder Brown atm a 1st rounder but if forms keep dwindling maybe a 2nd rounder which we give up these players unless they want to go.
All other players that are in trouble anything from 3rd,4th rounders or delisting.
Got to remember Dom Tyson is contracted to the end of 2021 pay him out and get rid of him.
Atm we are the biggest joke within the AFL we are hated across all fronts from the AFL commission to Football player Manager.
We need to keep rebuilding no short term fix it jobs if players or officials need to go so be it.
We need to start now look for stability for the next 2 years after that aim for Top 4 stay around that mark for a couple of years then be challenging for the flag around 2025/26.

He has excelled at of making a career out of being a very average footballer.

He may be well liked and speak well, but he isn’t adding anything more than a young inexperienced player couldn’t with a few games under his belt.

Time to give Murphy a shot.

Yep Murphy, Crocker, Turner and EVW should all get games this year using Macmillan’s backline spot.

As despised as Jamie is around here I don’t actually mind him playing . But he needs better players around him .

Backs. ???? Tarrant Macmillan
Hayden. Daw. ??????.

pittard , Willams and Walker ain’t the answer, regardless of the question .

At least Jamie looks like a footballer and not a drunk when kicking the ball.

As despised as Jamie is around here I don’t actually mind him playing . But he needs better players around him .

Hayden. Daw. ??????.

What? He needs to get the * out

Hayden. Daw. ??????.

I got to be honest out of that pack of HB's I wouldn't trust any of Williams, Pittard or Jmac to hit attacking targets. There's arguably a spot for one of them in the interim until we can turn over the list a bit. There's a spot for maybe one of them down the track if the balance is okay with the rest of the backline. If push came to shove I'd probably go with Pittard as he at least has the courage to take it on and might have some teams actually question how they play him. Jmac is so reliably predictable and teams use it against us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back