Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Wingers are still going to be around more stoppages where the tackling opportunities are.

Why bother elaborating mate?

This person is totally invested in their view regardless of the facts.

JMac will be playing Round 2. He'll be one of the first picked.

He seems to be thriving under the new regime.

He was Brad's boy for sure, and I reckon that held him back as much as anything.

Was brilliant in our flogging of Port.

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Watch the highlights from our last game.

JMac and Taz both with s**t kicks out of defense but Taz never cops criticism.

And you'll also notice Jed with an elite pass inside 50, but apparently he has s**t foot skills as well!

Up until Kennedy kicked a bag on Taz last year, no player had kicked more than 1 goal on him.. Taz is the General, his job isnt lasering passes but i’ve watched enough of em to say i’d rather have the ball in Taz’ hands

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
JMac will be playing Round 2. He'll be one of the first picked.

He seems to be thriving under the new regime.

He was Brad's boy for sure, and I reckon that held him back as much as anything.

Was brilliant in our flogging of Port.

Maybe. Stranger things have happened. He’s been doggy paddling for 3-4 years so may have come just in time.

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
DE: JMac v BH,
79.5 to 80.2

you see what you want to see.
And Hurn averaged 1 more intercept per game.

you see what you want to see
He would not get a game in any top 8 team from last year.. I see everything he does, he played 3 ok-passable late games last year.. the rest wasnt much chop whatsoever.. and he’s a squib..

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
People that hate on Jmac

- blatantly ignore his good games. It’s like they don’t exist.
- only recognise his mistakes in a game
- Refuse to acknowledge the stats
- Ignore the comparisons to other players North
- concentrate on his negatives and only his negatives. He makes one mistake but someone like Taz makes 5, the automatic pitch forks come out

If you’re actually a north supporter you would get rid of that whipping boy brain fog and see when Shaw took over, Jmac vastly improved In many areas of his game.

Just shut the * up and judge him when we see him under Shaw for a proper year ffs. It pretty much goes for anyone in the team at the moment. It’s a fresh start

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
People that hate on Jmac

- concentrate on his negatives and only his negatives. He makes one mistake but someone like Taz makes 5, the automatic pitch forks come out

If you’re actually a north supporter you would get rid of that whipping boy brain fog and see when Shaw took over, Jmac vastly improved In many areas of his game.

Just shut the fu** up and judge him when we see him under Shaw for a proper year ffs. It pretty much goes for anyone in the team at the moment. It’s a fresh start
Unfortunately there arent a lot of positives to harness and after a decade of memberships to support to the club, i dont settle for mediocrity

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
People that hate on Jmac

Just shut the fu** up and judge him when we see him under Shaw for a proper year ffs. It pretty much goes for anyone in the team at the moment. It’s a fresh start

/discussion.

Definite POTY contender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People that hate on Jmac

Great post.

He was close to BOG against Port.

Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
People that hate on Jmac

Sam Gibson says, Hi! You too?

People that hate on Jmac

Awesome post.

I think JMac suffers from the same thing that LMac does in that when they make decent mistakes it stands out like dog balls.

I actually think our backline group have been pretty solid over the better part of a decade, and Jamie's been part of it for most of it.

Without trying to clip anyone, our midfield inconsistency was the biggest problem under Brad and deserves the JMac/LMac level of scrutiny.

Like Horizons said, clean slate with everyone. Especially this year of all years.

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Awesome post.

I think JMac suffers from the same thing that LMac does in that when they make decent mistakes it stands out like dog balls.

I actually think our backline group have been pretty solid over the better part of a decade, and Jamie's been part of it for most of it.

Without trying to clip anyone, our midfield inconsistency was the biggest problem under Brad and deserves the JMac/LMac level of scrutiny.

Like Horizons said, clean slate with everyone. Especially this year of all years.
Thats fair, no one has strayed away from our midfield problems.. flags are won on the best defence in the comp.. not the best midfields. Probably a reason the defence is a point of scrutiny

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Thats fair, no one has strayed away from our midfield problems.. flags are won on the best defence in the comp.. not the best midfields. Probably a reason the defence is a point of scrutiny
I would think that the fact in 2019 we were the 2nd worst on the comp for conceding points from stoppages would impact our backline. Defense is the responsibility of everyone. We're not winning a premiership unless we sort out our midfield accountability.

I think everyone should start with a clean slate, but there needs to be more accountability across the board. No one should be getting an extended free ride which has happened in the past.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Ether

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This stat is based on points conceded, not who has the best back 6.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back