Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

Remove this Banner Ad

The issue with Jamie is his mistakes are those you’d expect a first gamer to make. Not someone who has played 200.

I feel like Jamie and many other players for most of their career hasn’t had good development opportunities under the best coach, staff etc.

I feel like we finally have the right people at north now with some strong standards being set

Patience ;)

You know who would be a great replacement for JMac, Tom Murphy.
Regardless of whether JMac can get to another level or not he probably has another year or two to pass the batten and I reckon Murph would be exactly what we want with his booming right foot.

You know who would be a great replacement for JMac, Tom Murphy.
Regardless of whether JMac can get to another level or not he probably has another year or two to pass the batten and I reckon Murph would be exactly what we want with his booming right foot.
I was coming here to post this! Murph looked nervous early against the saints, I mean it was almost 2 years between games, but when he came on the scene he looked like he fit as an AFL player.. I like Murph and he’s hungry

Maybe its time people started judging this guy on 2020 form
I am, he was excellent today. His man to man pressure has increased plenty since Shaw took over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ever since he came back into the side he has been excellent.
Solid, dependable, smart. Playing within his own limitations.
Almost like he has a coach that has been there done that, knows what it takes to play as a medium defender and has worked with him to be a solid contributor. It seems Jamie’s had a simplified role that plays to his strengths.
But the midfield has helped immensely. Also helps to have Tarrant standing next to you.

Haven't noticed him. Which is a good thing
That’s the conundrum with McMillan. If I notice him I’m usually doing with hands in head after he has just missed another tackle or put the ball down the oppositions throat, but if he isn’t doing that he is unnoticeable.

Surely with his experience he should be impacting games?

I think we should be looking to the future and for me him and Pittard should be battling for the same spot.

Prior to Saturday I had Pittard ahead, after Saturday it’s back to neck and neck.

That’s the conundrum with McMillan. If I notice him I’m usually doing with hands in head after he has just missed another tackle or put the ball down the oppositions throat, but if he isn’t doing that he is unnoticeable.

I think we should be looking to the future and for me him and Pittard should be battling for the same spot.

Prior to Saturday I had Pittard ahead, after Saturday it’s back to neck and neck.
Who do you bring in though? EVW 4 weeks away, no timeline on Perez and Murphy has shown very little. We aren't exactly flush with promising young medium backs. Reckon that needs to be a priority area for us in the offseason.

It depends a bit on what they do when Daw comes back.

Does Daw become the 3rd tall defender thereby pushing out a JMac type or do they say..Majak - no room for you while Taz and Walker are playing well?

It will come down to match ups of course but a fully fit 22 could easily have a defence without JMac

B. Marley Taz Daw
HB. Atley Walker LMac/JMac/Pittard/Kyron/Murphy

If JMac was up and running and paying well he gets the nod every time - but he just looked right out of sorts - almost like he was a bit ill - on Saturday.

Who do you bring in though? EVW 4 weeks away, no timeline on Perez and Murphy has shown very little. We aren't exactly flush with promising young medium backs. Reckon that needs to be a priority area for us in the offseason.
the lack of small and medium defenders is killing us - both defensively and in distributing off HB. All good sides have this - we even tried to recruit one in the draft - max warren anyone?
Troy Makepeace seems like the last one I can recall who could at least kick.. maybe mullett -couldn't defend though

the lack of small and medium defenders is killing us - both defensively and in distributing off HB. All good sides have this - we even tried to recruit one in the draft - max warren anyone?
Troy Makepeace seems like the last one I can recall who could at least kick.. maybe mullett -couldn't defend though

I was very keen on Saad. One of G.C. best players while surrounded by a multitude of high draft picks and close to * best player since he's been there.
Harbrow been great since he has been there as well.

On the turf after slipping over.

Had an ordinary day but agree not someone who should be in the firing line.
That's exactly my problem with him (and a few others). He's always been middle of the road, rarely the best, rarely the worst. Highest finish in the B & F is 6th, from memory, then 10th and everything else mid-table.

We've been desperate for these guys to kick on. He doesn't have to be a star, but being good when the stars are good and bad when the stars are bad is not what I expect from a 150-game vice-captain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back