Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

Remove this Banner Ad

He is turning 29, no particularly obvious trait i.e. Atley's speed for instance. We need more dynamism in the backline and we need to let the next generation to come through. Hayden for a s**t game has a lot of desirable ffeatures and he will be given far superior coaching and development than the previous group.

Anyone else feel like this omission was harsher than others.
I actually don’t think Macmillan has been that bad.
Would rather Atley and Pittard out but it seems one has pace and the other credits in the bank so Jamie makes way.

Would rather Atley and Pittard out but it seems one has pace and the other credits in the bank so Jamie makes way.

He’s always just been......there.

In an ideal world they'd all be out.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Yes an dropping Jamie makes a bigger statement. He’ll be back.
We're 4 weeks into a 17 week (hopefully longer) season. No doubt he'll be back at some point.

He needs to be. 29 and out of contract at seasons end with list cuts a near certainty. Being outside the 22 wouldn't be a great negotiating point for a new contract.

He’s always just been......there.
He was serviceable in round 2 and he’s shown he could perform lockdown roles ala Gaz.
I still think he’s not best 22 and his defending in one on one situations is average, but if he’s the one to make way to make a statement at selection then it’s what’s needed.
In an ideal world they'd all be out.

Yep. Murphy should consider himself unlucky this week too.

Agreed he is depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do feel as though its a tad harsh as well.

TBH, I think our defence as a group has been pretty great for a good run of games now including last year. Especially with injury and suspension meaning its turned over a bit.

My take on Jamie's omission is that Ryce has given him a clear role or instructions and he hasn't been able to execute or just didn't!

As stated, he'll be back soon enough.

I also have a thought as to wonder with the risk of reduced team sizes that there may be a desire to test some untried players with think have potential - but who knows

Maybe Jmac is still doing what Jmac does...

But maybe it’s simply that a young player has finally been found that can play the role required by the coach better?

Well done Kyron for enforcing higher standards for existing players.

Perez, EVW will hopefully push those standards even higher.

I do feel as though its a tad harsh as well.

TBH, I think our defence as a group has been pretty great for a good run of games now including last year. Especially with injury and suspension meaning its turned over a bit.

My take on Jamie's omission is that Ryce has given him a clear role or instructions and he hasn't been able to execute or just didn't!

As stated, he'll be back soon enough.

I also have a thought as to wonder with the risk of reduced team sizes that there may be a desire to test some untried players with think have potential - but who knows
Something pissed off Shaw last week

Never seen Macmillan sit on the pine as much as last week

I reckon he plays it safe too often. Kyron took some chances in both his games. It was heart in your mouth tyoe stuff amd not the sort of actions of a newbie getting settled in at AFL level. I think I've heard Shaw talk about be more daring and dynamic coming out of the back half to try and create some oppurtunities further up the ground. Jamie chipping it sideways or handballing backwards or bombing it high and long does not achieve what he is after.

Spot on. Macmillan wasn’t the worst by any means. But Shaw wanted to make a statement and drop a senior player, and Jamie is the least important senior player to team structure

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He will be back

Once again, Shaw is making a huge statement as Jmac is part of the leadership group
This is setting a dynamic for the group.

The players seem to have a great relationship with him. He ensures he talks to every single player.

Dropping JMac is saying leadership group playing group squad it does not matter. The power within the relationship sits with Shaw.

This makes the message serious.
Have required running and don't do it, there's consequences.
Don't hold up your end of the training bargain and there's consequences.

It's nigh on useless enforcing consequences on a younger player and not making the senior players tow the same line.

This is a positive change even if we get done on Sunday.

Spot on. Macmillan wasn’t the worst by any means. But Shaw wanted to make a statement and drop a senior player, and Jamie is the least important senior player to team structure

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It also means that those that are in his place need to perform.

Because the worst player didn't get the chop.

Jamie will be back, but the whole group will be better for the omission in the longer run.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back