Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

Remove this Banner Ad

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I do feel as though its a tad harsh as well.

TBH, I think our defence as a group has been pretty great for a good run of games now including last year. Especially with injury and suspension meaning its turned over a bit.

My take on Jamie's omission is that Ryce has given him a clear role or instructions and he hasn't been able to execute or just didn't!

As stated, he'll be back soon enough.

I also have a thought as to wonder with the risk of reduced team sizes that there may be a desire to test some untried players with think have potential - but who knows

He would have kept his spot but the reality is there is a better defender now fit and ready so has had to make way... there is another def in theory knocking on the door next week too

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is setting a dynamic for the group.

The players seem to have a great relationship with him. He ensures he talks to every single player.

Dropping JMac is saying leadership group playing group squad it does not matter. The power within the relationship sits with Shaw.

This makes the message serious.
Have required running and don't do it, there's consequences.
Don't hold up your end of the training bargain and there's consequences.

It's nigh on useless enforcing consequences on a younger player and not making the senior players tow the same line.

This is a positive change even if we get done on Sunday.

This has been our issue that ran supreme under the Scott era. How long did he play Lindsay for when he had the yips and also when Goldy was struggling for a while. Brad 'backed the players' for too long.

We have some genuinely exciting kids coming through plus a handful of A graders to help guide the way (Goldy, Brown, Cunners, Higgins and Taz). There's a B group of Dumont, Pittard, Polac, Lukey and Jed. The rest are lower to middle range at best including (in no order) Atley, Durdin, McKay, Turner, Tyson and Garner who are either depth player and/or likely to be delisted because they can't help us into a grand final.

Jacobs unfortunately is cooked and there should be questions on Jack's role as he is redundant in the midfield and guys like Zurhaar, TT and Taylor are now filling his role up front.

I believe we are building into an exciting new era but there's going to be some interesting changes at the end of the year.

I was especially pleased to see Kyron hold his spot, even though he gave away a couple of goals through crude tackles. He's only going to improve and his ceiling is clearly above JMac's, because we know he won't revert to a vanilla safety-first type of player - the coach has implicitly endorsed his playing style.

Anyone else feel like this omission was harsher than others.
I actually don’t think Macmillan has been that bad.
Would rather Atley and Pittard out but it seems one has pace and the other credits in the bank so Jamie makes way.
Ats and Pittard both have pace.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne

sruss

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I agree that he’s probably in our lower ranked 10 or so out of our best 22, but I’d drop Atley before Jmac at the moment. As others have speculated, Jmac could offer something as a wingman. You know what you get with Ats and ... it doesn’t impress me that much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
I agree that he’s probably in our lower ranked 10 or so out of our best 22, but I’d drop Atley before Jmac at the moment. As others have speculated, Jmac could offer something as a wingman. You know what you get with Ats and ... it doesn’t impress me that much.

I’d drop them both, but we don’t exactly have a lot of available talent outside the 22. Not backline anyway. Hopefully we can rectify that over the offseason.

Phillyroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles Baby
Whooops, wasn’t that a stuff up.
Drop JMac, Pittard turns into captain turnover/fall over... wingard dominates Marley, and Luke although he played well still made some crazy errors, Ats looked lost at best, and no good at worst... and our captain showed he is not up to AFL standard.

yep drop JMac and let’s all have a chuckle.

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Drop JMac, Pittard turns into captain turnover/fall over... wingard dominates Marley, and Luke although he played well still made some crazy errors, Ats looked lost at best, and no good at worst... and our captain showed he is not up to AFL standard.

I have a feeling it threw the structure out down back

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Jmac is a squib, he hasnt got a shinboners bone in his flimsy body

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back