Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Was good in the 1st half.
Are you kidding? In the first quarter alone I watched him turn it over 3 times under no pressure at all.

The guy is an absolute ball torcher and if he isn’t turning it over after he gets that short chip to the pocket from the kick out, then it’s selling his teammates into trouble.

For once I would love to see this clown give himself a bake. Doesn’t mind dishing them out for a player who is one of the worst culprits when it comes to mistakes.

Jan 29, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Are you kidding? In the first quarter alone I watched him turn it over 3 times under no pressure at all.

The guy is an absolute ball torcher and if he isn’t turning it over after he gets that short chip to the pocket from the kick out, then it’s selling his teammates into trouble.

For once I would love to see this clown give himself a bake. Doesn’t mind dishing them out for a player who is one of the worst culprits when it comes to mistakes.
Do not rate him at all. Awful awful decision maker, weak tackler and loves dishing out a spray when other players make the same mistakes he does. I reckon if a new coach walked into the club and picked the side on merit he wouldn't play another game.

PenAndPaper

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Like a few teammates, either his decision making is comically bad at times - or the instructions to robotically execute certain moves without considering the state of the game and immediate play are farcical.
This is Billy Hartung all over too. I actually didn't mind him but it was as if he was coached too robotically instead of allowing him to do what he does best and run/not think, just do. Hopefully at North he can be given that freedom and make real progress

images

On a serious note, he epitomises the club's issues. Not consistent, dubious skills, great in patches, woeful in others, plays in the back line and can't defend one-on-one. He is a nice guy though and dont wish him ill, we just have too many players who can't elevate themselves out of the somewhat handy but don't excel in any role type of player we have continually developed.

His run out of the back line used to be important to us, but the game has evolved, if you hack it and turn it over, you are a liability. We just as a club have been painfully slow to adapt to the new meta in football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

spurs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2003
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
THFC, Claremont Tigers
Like a few teammates, either his decision making is comically bad at times - or the instructions to robotically execute certain moves without considering the state of the game and immediate play are farcical.

Scotty T and JMac both torched the ball yesterday, and they are our senior players.

Kciza

All Australian
Jun 2, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He just took sooooo long to make a decision when he had the ball, and then when he made one it was a poor one. Was a liability last night

Psychic Roo

Team Captain
Feb 17, 2007
California
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
San Diego Chargers
images

On a serious note, he epitomises the club's issues. Not consistent, dubious skills, great in patches, woeful in others, plays in the back line and can't defend one-on-one. He is a nice guy though and dont wish him ill, we just have too many players who can't elevate themselves out of the somewhat handy but don't excel in any role type of player we have continually developed.

His run out of the back line used to be important to us, but the game has evolved, if you hack it and turn it over, you are a liability. We just as a club have been painfully slow to adapt to the new meta in football.
Only plays ok upfield. Get him out of the backline. Cant or wont defend

This place is going to be a tip for the next 2-3 years during our rebuild :(

By rebuild you mean get rid of everyone that is no good or do you prefer to go through the motions?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Was named in our best by every media outlet, in a game where we lost by 70 points. You guys are picking on the wrong bloke. He's not an A grader but he's an important part of our 22 and will be for a very long time.

Lachie and Lindsay have gone now, so someone has to take their place.

Go_Roos!

Club Legend
May 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Such a nothing footballer.

Averages 14 touches a game over his career and has 2 Brownlow votes as well. How many top 5 b and f finishes??

8 seasons in and counting and no development.
Stock standard type of stats, stock standard type of footballer, still around the mark for our best 22 though I would have thought. Up to others to push him out of the side because they are better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back