Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah it's a tough one.

He appears soft/scared at times - but he also provides run and links up very well, something others could learn from.

He delivers but stays in the play, certain players deliver and think job done. Footy doesn't work like that - Ben Cousins one of the best link players ever, always in chains, keeps running not stationary.

I'm not sure he's as good as some suggest, but he certainly isn't the reason we've lost games. I put that on lazy/slow mids than the peripheral players.

He delivers but stays in the play, certain players deliver and think job done. Footy doesn't work like that - Ben Cousins one of the best link players ever, always in chains, keeps running not stationary.

Its hard to be still when you're speeding off your head.

Really stepped it up after half time I thought. All in all a pretty good game from Jamie, plenty of run and creativity, and certainly seemed to go harder and stick more tackles than in weeks previous.

His attempted tackle (more of a push) on Watts in the last quarter was disappointing.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
That was a weird and potentially really soft attempt, but I think he got really lucky in the sense that if he had actually tackled and gone to ground, Watts probably would have still been able to handball to Garlett(?), who would then have an open shot at goal. Instead, JMac pushed, kept his feet and through momentum was able to pressure the Melbourne player into snapping a behind. Credit to Jmac for his 2nd effort or even 3rd effort as he was running back from the wing/half back as well.

MacMillan has been given the role of giving us some drive in the absence of Wells & Harvey.

Under the circumstances, he has been good. He's currently top 20 for rebounds in the AFL.

Calls for his demotion are absurd and should be completely ignored.

People need to look at his comparison this season with last years best HBF.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...2=25&type=A&pid1=3349&pid2=1340&fid1=S&fid2=S

Considering the ease with which the ball moves in to our forward line, those stats are quite encouraging.

He's not a problem, never has been, and never will be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The very definition of a vanilla footballer. A guy in his role should be kicking it more than 11 times a game.

Not really one of our big problems though.

The issue with MacMillan is not finding the footy or getting to the right spots.
Its how he uses it.
The long 45 metre kick to a 2 on 1 inside 50 that loops up and allows the 3rd defender to cut across has been driving me mad the past 2 weeks.
I dont know if the forwards are to blame or if our big men are taking the piss but Higgins and Dumont are one of the few who can kick to space and make a target lead to where they want.

The issue with MacMillan is not finding the footy or getting to the right spots.
Its how he uses it.
The long 45 metre kick to a 2 on 1 inside 50 that loops up and allows the 3rd defender to cut across has been driving me mad the past 2 weeks.
I dont know if the forwards are to blame or if our big men are taking the piss but Higgins and Dumont are one of the few who can kick to space and make a target lead to where they want.

The lynch mob would be screaming for his blood if he played a la Atley and went sideways or backwards due to no available options.

It looks as though he can't win either way.

I mean no disrespect to anyone but I quickly scroll past posters who are pointing out MacMillan for the chop. He is waaaaaaaaaaaay down our list of issues.

The lynch mob would be screaming for his blood if he played a la Atley and went sideways or backwards due to no available options.

It looks as though he can't win either way.

I mean no disrespect to anyone but I quickly scroll past posters who are pointing out MacMillan for the chop. He is waaaaaaaaaaaay down our list of issues.
As one of the few in the team who can use the ball well he is being judged harshly based on what we know he can do compared to what he is producing.
Whether that is unfair or not on Jamie - regardless he is being held accountable to a higher standard and thats a good thing.
The sooner he moves full time into the midfield the better we will be as a football side. He is wasted in defence.

As one of the few in the team who can use the ball well he is being judged harshly based on what we know he can do compared to what he is producing.
Whether that is unfair or not on Jamie - regardless he is being held accountable to a higher standard and thats a good thing.
The sooner he moves full time into the midfield the better we will be as a football side. He is wasted in defence.

Good footy nous requires an excellent understanding of the symbiotic nature of football.

Put 2 or more Rolls Royces in our midfield and many folks around here would be truly amazed at the improvement of the likes of MacMilan, Atley, Thompson, Hansen etc.

Metres gained is a bullshite stat.
Do they count kick ins, if so he had at least a dozen on Saturday night?

Calls to drop him are silly but I thought he was poor with his disposal, positioning and general decision making against the Tigers.
Prior to Saturdays game he had been going ok.
He went at 90+% on what earth is that poor with disposal. Jfc man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back