Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

Thewlis Dish

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR
Wouldn't be popping champagne corks just yet. He might just need a run at that level given he's essentially had a month off.

justroyal

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Very interesting that he hasn't automatically come into replace Durdin.
Don't really care how he goes under a new coach. I don't think many of us do either, especially when we have too many to develop off half-back, wing and centre.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Very interesting that he hasn't automatically come into replace Durdin.
Don't really care how he goes under a new coach. I don't think many of us do either, especially when we have too many to develop off half-back, wing and centre.

Why would he "automatically" replace Durdin?

justroyal

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Why would he "automatically" replace Durdin?
Because thats what has happened for the most part of last season and before Scott's departure. McKay or Durdin would get replaced by a senior defensive player, after less than a handful of games. Have you not noticed that? It's a big surprise to me at least that Macmillan is spending time in the two's while one of McKay or Durdin are playing. I welcome the change.

justroyal

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
MacMillan & Durdin aren't alike in styles or roles mate.

(opening left for some **** campaigner to take another cheap swipe)

Of course they're not identical. But how many half backs do we have or players suited for that position? Far too many. We even had Turner going back to the half back flank.
People would argue Durdin isn't exactly KPD, like Thompson - they can both play on different sized players and they both rebound quite well. So if he is not a pure KPD, it sounds like he has some versatility to his game? Which sounds like he might be keeping Jmac out of the team?

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
McMillan and Wright are indications that we have fairly decent depth as they have been superseded by better players. Atley can do what McMillan does, McDonald can do Wright's role. In years to come, EVW will take Thompson's role.

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Coincidence of great form with no passengers since his absence? Shaw froffs his hard defence... been a good servant of our club, however he isnt missed in the current team!
9 out of 10 players come back through the Magoos after a calf injury would be VERY surprised if he is not back in the team this week and if not definetaly next week. That's my 2 bobs worth anyway time will tell.

Back