Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

Remove this Banner Ad

Iam prolly i bit in gasos camp with this one. In my case twice i thought i had recovered from my calf then twangggg there it goes again. And 2 pretty innocuous actions in stepping up a ladder and stepping out of a golf cart.

Would like to see him up the ground more if he is to maximize his playing strengths and if he is to possibly improve the overall current set-up.

That needs some re-education and over a solid block at the lower level as well

Dominate for that extended period of re-education & force a reinstatement, then no probs with his inclusion.

I was riding a bike but couldn’t run 3 weeks later

Seriously do you want me to bump the Wells thread and the 6 months of chat about calves?

They aren’t what you think they are in terms of injury
So you riding a bike is comparable to an “elite” footballer playing scoobs with a best on? ... if he was too sore to play, he wouldnt be named an emergency dude

Sorry

I forgot who I was posting to
You’re comparing your injury to an athletes injury who has the best medical treatment available?? Who’s sole job is to play football and be physically fit enough to perform at the highest level? This is hardly comparable to a middle aged man in lycra on his sunday bike ride getting in the way of motorists with a sore calf

His point was calves are unpredictable and can flare up again at a later point, hence potentially a few weeks in the VFL to strengthen and ensure it doesn't happen again in the seniors.

Meh; it’s a pointless discussion

I’m not here defending JMac fwiw, but you’re right re Calves

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shaw: Jamie Macmillan has been in good form in the VFL so he’s in the frame. We want to make sure we set a high standard and it’s a good thing that he has to work so hard to get back in.

Shaw: Jamie Macmillan has been in good form in the VFL so he’s in the frame. We want to make sure we set a high standard and it’s a good thing that he has to work so hard to get back in.

Velvet sledgehammer-esque. Jmac been given specific feedback for mine.

As Jamie himself said last week, “the side’s playing well and I’ll have to keep putting in waiting for a spot to open up.” He’s under no illusions right now. Work hard and take the chance when it arises.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back