Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

I interpreted that more as being the back 6 have done exactly as asked and until they don't, or you force your way in with consistent domination, you can wait. Same can probably be said for McKay.

By ‘domination’, it’s prob not about possie numbers.

More attack on the ball, tackling and buying in to the current method of play.

Good signs that he has to earn his spot. I don’t reckon Jmac is as bad as many make out.

But the fact he was a mainstay and general of our team was not a good indictment. Leaders need to be stronger and more reliable to get games on the basis of leadership credentials. He can be a good contributor, but in the new era - you need to be more than that.

Mjs94

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
By ‘domination’, it’s prob not about possie numbers.

More attack on the ball, tackling and buying in to the current method of play.

Good signs that he has to earn his spot. I don’t reckon Jmac is as bad as many make out.

But the fact he was a mainstay and general of our team was not a good indictment. Leaders need to be stronger and more reliable to get games on the basis of leadership credentials. He can be a good contributor, but in the new era - you need to be more than that.
Yes but I wouldn't expect that to include tackling like Jed or Jack, it's not Jmac's role or style of play which is fine with me. If he goes when it's his turn to go or to put on a tackle I am happy with that.

I'd be hoping that the coaching staff would want a month of 20+ touches, his opponent having minimal impact and Jmac organising the backline generally and even then there is no guarantee that he comes in if the AFL boys are doing the job. Would be nice to see pressure for multiple spots in the side.

Needs to get with the program, none of the soft footy we seen earlier in the season and needs to make better decisions,

Let's hope he does because he would be an asset

arden station

Cancelled
May 3, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
For anyone who saw Macmillan's second quarter in the VFL on Sunday, his selection in the seniors is unbelievable. Critical error after critical error. Got outbodied and outmarked by Armitage 20 metres directly in front, then lost his feet, fell over and cost a goal, then kicked it straight to a St Kilda player from a kick in. It was Benny Hill stuff.

You'd be absolutely spewing not being selected ahead of him on that performance if you were Mackay or Durdin. And there's no balance excuse - Thomspson can play on mid size forwards.

Can only think Shaw was outvoted at selection after what he said in his press conference.

Quintero

All Australian
May 16, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
River Plate
He was a liability in the 2's but hope he plays as a defensive forward/wing and does a job on one of their fast squibs.

He has it in him to be damaging, he is a good finisher when given the chance but can't defend for s**t an should never again feature as part of our back 6.

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
For anyone who saw Macmillan's second quarter in the VFL on Sunday, his selection in the seniors is unbelievable. Critical error after critical error. Got outbodied and outmarked by Armitage 20 metres directly in front, then lost his feet, fell over and cost a goal, then kicked it straight to a St Kilda player from a kick in. It was Benny Hill stuff.

You'd be absolutely spewing not being selected ahead of him on that performance if you werye Mad ckay mor Durdin. And there's no balance excuse - Thomspson can play on mid size forwards.

Can only think Shaw was outvoted at selection after what he said in his press conference.
Doubt very much he was out voted at all and if by some remote chance that did occur it does not sound good for the future. You cannot have coaches wanting a player in his team and being out voted continually. I have know doubt at or had he not got injured Shaw would not have dropped him anyway. Just another myth him only getting a game because he was one of Brads favourites. .Does this selection make him one of Shaws favourites. I dont think so just best 22 in Shaws opinion.

arden station

Cancelled
May 3, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Doubt very much he was out voted at all and if by some remote chance that did occur it does not sound good for the future. You cannot have coaches wanting a player in his team and being out voted continually. I have know doubt at or had he not got injured Shaw would not have dropped him anyway. Just another myth him only getting a game because he was one of Brads favourites. .Does this selection make him one of Shaws favourites. I dont think so just best 22 in Shaws opinion.
Did you actually watch the VFL on Sunday? He was putrid.

arden station

Cancelled
May 3, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not according to the selection panel At the end of the day they are the only ones that count. Are you saying all of them got it wrong including Shaw.
You must be Macmillan himself or one of his mates if you think he deserved his spot after last week. Did you actually watch the VFL last Sunday?

Our selection panel have got a lot wrong over the last few years - we've been very mediocre. And the guys who miss out because of this favouritism - they suffer.

CharlieMortdecai

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not according to the selection panel At the end of the day they are the only ones that count. Are you saying all of them got it wrong including Shaw.
I don't know, I went down to Arden St on Sunday and he was pretty bloody ordinary. Better in the second half I suppose. I thought McKay was much better.
He was better the week before by all accounts, I just hope he has a good game this week.

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You must be Macmillan himself or one of his mates if you think he deserved his spot after last week. Did you actually watch the VFL last Sunday?

Our selection panel have got a lot wrong over the last few years - we've been very mediocre. And the guys who miss out because of this favouritism - they suffer.
Ridiculous comment I must be Jmac. I would imagine he has better things to do than tit for tat on a footy forum. Or one of his mates heard all this before (you must be related or something). Fact is he will be playing this week and all Roo supporters should be supporting the WHOLE 22 not just a select few.

arden station

Cancelled
May 3, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ridiculous comment I must be Jmac. I would imagine he has better things to do than tit for tat on a footy forum. Or one of his mates heard all this before (you must be related or something). Fact is he will be playing this week and all Roo supporters should be supporting the WHOLE 22 not just a select few.
Actually pal, by backing Macmillan to the hilt like a Brad clone, you're actively NOT supporting Durdin and Mackay and not supporting the 22 being picked on merit, on current form. Those two guys go home tonight thinking how the hell does Macmillan get a game ahead of us after that garbage he served up in the VFL.

SlyCunnington

Team Captain
Jun 20, 2010
Downtown
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Think we will see Horse alternating between wing and half back quite a lot with Luke and I'm not to fazed with this. Bit of a litmus test coming up this week and one which needs to happen at this stage.

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Actually pal, by backing Macmillan to the hilt like a Brad clone, you're actively NOT supporting Durdin and Mackay and not supporting the 22 being picked on merit, on current form. Those two guys go home tonight thinking how the hell does Macmillan get a game ahead of us after that garbage he served up in the VFL.
Do you seriously believe that I don't support them because of that WOW. You are embarrasisng yourself mate. So what you are also saying is the NMFC is also not supporting them for the same reasons.

Back