Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
It is completely absurd.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

LITERALLY twilight zone bizarre.

It's not that he hasn't earned some criticisms, but it is so vehemently out of proportion that it loses any meaning.

NO rational person reads these critiques and takes notice of them any more. It's clearly PERSONAL to some people.

arden station

Cancelled
May 3, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Do you seriously believe that I don't support them because of that WOW. You are embarrasisng yourself mate. So what you are also saying is the NMFC is also not supporting them for the same reasons.

You obviously didn't even watch the VFL.

We've got Mackay who is understandably frustrated by the lack of opportunities he's had. He then plays very well in the VFL, and your little favourite JMac has a shocker but gets picked anyway.

And you don't seem to be able to grasp the concept that in professional sport when you leave out a player you're negatively affecting their career. But oh no, so happy JMac's in the side, go JMac, yay JMac. Listen to JMac on the podcast. Can't defend, can't tackle and turns it over but who cares, yay JMac.

Meanwhile Mackay and/or Durdin get offers from other clubs and leave through lack of opportunity.

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne

We've got Mackay who is understandably frustrated by the lack of opportunities he's had. He then plays very well in the VFL, and your little favourite JMac has a shocker but gets picked anyway.

And you don't seem to be able to grasp the concept that in professional sport when you leave out a player you're negatively affecting their career. But oh no, so happy JMac's in the side, go JMac, yay JMac. Listen to JMac on the podcast. Can't defend, can't tackle and turns it over but who cares, yay JMac.

Meanwhile Mackay and/or Durdin get offers from other clubs and leave through lack of opportunity.
I have no favourite players I support the whole list. Anyway good luck Jmac and everyone else. Lets have a great win on the weekend I am sure we can agree on that at least.

Likeyou, Arden, I would have left Durdin in. However, I can live with Shaw’s call - I believe it’s mainly his call. It’s a pity that he can’t grasp the concept of a professional sport, though, given he hopes to further his career as a professional AFL coach.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

arden station

Cancelled
May 3, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
LITERALLY twilight zone bizarre.

It's not that he hasn't earned some criticisms, but it is so vehemently out of proportion that it loses any meaning.

NO rational person reads these critiques and takes notice of them any more. It's clearly PERSONAL to some people.

Yeah - nah.

Never deserved his spot back.
Likeyou, Arden, I would have left Durdin in. However, I can live with Shaw’s call - I believe it’s mainly his call. It’s a pity that he can’t grasp the concept of a professional sport, though, given he hopes to further his career as a professional AFL coach.

Actually no, Shaw would absolutely know that the decision to leave Durdin/Mackay out for Macmillan is a big one in the context of their careers. Durdin is out of contract and Mackay has told his management he's not happy with the lack of opportunity.

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne

There is what 40 odd players on a footy list and only 22 can get a game each week so I suppose there will always be un lucky players that could be or should be in the side but that goes with every team and every sport its called depth that is how flags are one If you are playing players because you are afraid they may leave well that is a huge problem in it self Anyway I am sighing of on this subject now Go roos.

Yeah - nah.

Never deserved his spot back.

Actually no, Shaw would absolutely know that the decision to leave Durdin/Mackay out for Macmillan is a big one in the context of their careers. Durdin is out of contract and Mackay has told his management he's not happy with the lack of opportunity.

In other good news, we won’t have to wait too long to find out the accuracy or otherwise of the above posts. If they’re correct, JMac will have a stinker and North will more than likely lose. Also, McKay/Durdin will be gone at the end of the season. On top of all that, Shaw will be on the scrap heap - which will be a pity, as he has been doing so well up until 6.30 today.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
In other good news, we won’t have to wait too long to find out the accuracy or otherwise of the above posts. If they’re correct, JMac will have a stinker and North will more than likely lose. Also, McKay/Durdin will be gone at the end of the season. On top of all that, Shaw will be on the scrap heap - which will be a pity, as he has been doing so well up until 6.30 today..............

...........Tom Murphy will get a promotion and win the Brownlow by polling every available vote from the umpires

arden station

Cancelled
May 3, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
In other good news, we won’t have to wait too long to find out the accuracy or otherwise of the above posts. If they’re correct, JMac will have a stinker and North will more than likely lose. Also, McKay/Durdin will be gone at the end of the season. On top of all that, Shaw will be on the scrap heap - which will be a pity, as he has been doing so well up until 6.30 today.

Obviously not - JMac can have a stinker and we're still good enough to win. And the way our midfield's been playing, he may not be under that much pressure anyway. Doesn't mean he should be in the side though.

And obviously Shaw is doing a good job and you're making a big assumption that he has the final say at selection.

SlyCunnington

Team Captain
Jun 20, 2010
Downtown
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Just filter out the rubbish mate.

Obviously not - JMac can have a stinker and we're still good enough to win. And the way our midfield's been playing, he may not be under that much pressure anyway. Doesn't mean he should be in the side though.

And obviously Shaw is doing a good job and you're making a big assumption that he has the final say at selection.

Fair enough, we’ll agree to disagree. However, as far as I’m concerned, JMac has made some stinker mistakes this season. However, he did not have stinker games - certainly not in comparison to 80% of the team, prior to his injury and the advent of Shaw.

Back