Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

Remove this Banner Ad

Page8383

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 6, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Iam not gonna pot the bloke as hes far from the worst player getting around but if vickers-willis gets back next year with an extended run its hard to see this bloke being a starting defender next season. Prolly cant find a spot for him on a wing either so it pretty much reduces him to a depth player.

EVW has been a massive loss this year and it is largely forgotten
Got 1 handball out of him this year.
Clever player with neat skills who rarely makes mistakes
McMillan is a defender who can’t tackle

arden station

Cancelled
May 3, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Tipped it, wanted to be wrong.

The thing is though, all those guys on here who spent all week defending his inclusion will no doubt come on saying he played well. Just like they said he played well in the VFL last week.

To me, the ongoing support for him here is just part of living in a post-truth world.

He may well be a good guy, but he's an absolute liability in our football side. Really costly.

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
To be fair he was on a hiding to nothing on here. Some posters have made their mind made up. And that is their choice. So regardless if he had a blinder or a shocker. If he had a blinder posters would have said EXAMPLE but did you see that play at the 23 min in the third quarter or something of the sorts and if he had a shocker well we all know he will be crucified.

arden station

Cancelled
May 3, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He was worst on ground in the first half against Sandy. How he earned a recall on that performance is mind boggling.

Rhyce, put your hand up, you f’ed up!

Agreed but I really doubt Rhyce was pushing for him to be back in the side.
Shaw was harsh in his assessment of Macmillan at his press conference before the match committee met for selection. Yes he's interim coach but it doesn't mean he gets the final say at selection.

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Shaw was harsh in his assessment of Macmillan at his press conference before the match committee met for selection. Yes he's interim coach but it doesn't mean he gets the final say at selection.
That’s why I prefaced my answer with I don’t know how much sway he has?

The idiots that voted McMillan in should ban themselves from selection.

Picking him off the back of that performance was an utter disgrace and a slap in the face to that team.

So we go from manic pressure and tackling to ******* turnstiles and broken tackles in the space a week. Pick the common denominator.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
One or two ordinary moments, but there were plenty who were worse, and he also had 3-4 excellent moments..

Won't be dropped on today's effort, and I'll be getting a chuckle out of the delusionals this week..

To be fair he was on a hiding to nothing on here. Some posters have made their mind made up. And that is their choice. So regardless if he had a blinder or a shocker. If he had a blinder posters would have said EXAMPLE but did you see that play at the 23 min in the third quarter or something of the sorts and if he had a shocker well we all know he will be crucified.

It doesn't matter what opinion some posters have, don't think even Macmillan's mum would be happy with that result. We dropped Durdin who was playing well down back for Macmillan who was a weak link defensively. It was a gamble that didn't pay off, we were probably worried about Essendon at ground level but someone who can't lay a tackle isn't much use at ground level. He wasn't alone though.

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
One or two ordinary moments, but there were plenty who were worse, and he also had 3-4 excellent moments..

Won't be dropped on today's effort, and I'll be getting a chuckle out of the delusionals this week..
You might want to reconsider who is delusional.

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Totally disagree. If Shaw does not get a major say at the selection table this is a huge problem I believe the coach does have the final say. If not it just wont work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

arden station

Cancelled
May 3, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
But he was never likely to have a blinder on the back of his very ordinary performance in the VFL last week. Yet he still was selected.

There were the same kinds of defensive mistakes he made in the VFL - out of position in conceding marks, outbodied in marking contests, missing crucial tackles and being in no man's land. He did pick up a few handy ground ball gets when we had an outnumber.

But it doesn't matter what we think, what matters is that today we lost by a kick and he was poor. Today guys like Durdin and Mackay missed out on playing an AFL game - that's what really matters.

arden station

Cancelled
May 3, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Totally disagree. If Shaw does not get a major say at the selection table this is a huge problem I believe the coach does have the final say. If not it just wont work.
Well neither of us know do we? Ideally Shaw does get final say but why would you bother having a selection panel if only one person selects the side. Maybe Shaw was 'picking his battles' - who knows? Either way, he played about as well as he did in the VFL last week.

domiroo

It’s a big kick it’s long kick it’s a goal .....
Dec 26, 2007
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Catanzaro / Manchester City
EVW has been a massive loss this year and it is largely forgotten
Got 1 handball out of him this year.
Clever player with neat skills who rarely makes mistakes
McMillan is a defender who can’t tackle
Can’t play reminds me of when I walk into coles the turnstiles go click click . Time for him to go ..

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I was a JMAc fan.....but.........He's unlike most of our defenders.....with them all being pretty reliable 1 on 1. You feel reasonably confident when the ball is coming in.
With JMac it feels like almost like a lottery, just "hoping" he wins the contest, or at least nullifies it. I think this is where the exasperation with him comes from. He just doesn't do the basics well. Doesn't tackle to hurt, get's pushed out of a marking contest, not composed with the ball.
He just doesn't have that indelible one thing that he stands for as a player. He's not brutal. The rest of our defenders are pretty brutal.

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
McMillan has only positively impacted one game all year and the was the game against Richmond where he went off injured in the first quarter.

Pretty much sums up his ability at AFL level and his value to this side.

Can someone make me a GIF in the last where he floats across his opponent and makes no contact with player and ball, allowing an easy chest mark.

Prior to today this club had shown a standard of pressure and physicality. With two poor inclusions, that standard was completely shat on.

arden station

Cancelled
May 3, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I'm glad you're able to think about chuckling right at this moment.

I tell you who wouldn't be chuckling watching his performance - guys like John Law, Ross Smith, Glen Archer - honest, tough, reliable defenders.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I'm glad you're able to think about chuckling right at this moment.

I tell you who wouldn't be chuckling watching his performance - guys like John Law, Ross Smith, Glen Archer - honest, tough, reliable defenders.

In relation to this? It's easy. Wall to wall morons in here at the moment.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Tripe is JMac on a footy field.

Watch him attack the contest in the last 30 seconds. The very definition of someone you don’t want standing side by side with you on a footy field.

His piss poor effort allowed that goal to take place. He may as well have put on a Essendon jumper.

Yeah, well I'll be seeing you back here next week, because he'll be playing.

Me & Rhyce Shaw>>>>>>>>>>>>>> x infinity: You

Remove this Banner Ad

Back