Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

Remove this Banner Ad

"He really challenged me last year to not accept that and I didn't realise I was," Macmillan said.

Yikes. Yikes, Yikes, YIKES!
11 season player, in the leadership group, had apparently given up on improving his game and no one other than Shaw either realized or cared?

I don't particularly want to keep going back to questioning the Scott era, but, I mean...

I have to admit a lot of stuff that is coming out has me shaking my head about the last coach. Just basic stuff I assumed was happening that wasn't.

Specifically skills, mental strength and focus on personal improvement or development.

I have to admit a lot of stuff that is coming out has me shaking my head about the last coach. Just basic stuff I assumed was happening that wasn't.

Specifically skills, mental strength and focus on personal improvement or development.
It all makes sense why our skills were deplorable up until about mid season. When we finally kicked in.

Really? Wasn’t the easy fixes comment a dead give away?

Really? Wasn’t the easy fixes comment a dead give away?
I switched off listening to Scott in the media years ago. But I always took what he said to the media as a bit of a "* off I'm not giving you anything" response. Except in a few cases. Usually he'd speak differently then.

If you go back thru my posting even when I defended Scott I would point out we needed a better skills coach and game shrink. I assumed we had some sort of something in place to do those things simply because they seem so fundamental to me.

The fact we had nothing in place to focus on either and our current coach seems to value both things makes this upcoming season. You (and Zondor) were right about Scott.

Kt , Zondor and a couple of other people I won't mention now had specific convos with me about Scott. I don't remember having one with you about it but my memory ain't what it used to be.

He must have had something going for him tho cos there was a period where the side were almost unbeatable. Even with those skill errors and focus issues.

Kt , Zondor and a couple of other people I won't mention now had specific convos with me about Scott. I don't remember having one with you about it but my memory ain't what it used to be.

I am and will remain a huge Brad Scott fan.

Seeing his shiny gums every interview was a highlight.

Definitely had a good dentist like Chris.

I hope they aren't like the Atkin brothers, but I'm not sure.

Join the dots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like that from the new coach to an established, but sometimes underwhelming senior player. You need to do more, I think you can do more, and I'll give you my own time to help you be able to do more.

The real test is IF it doesn't work out early on does he drop JMac (or any other under performing senior player) for a better performing younger player, rather than "back him in"?

Join the dots.
Yeah cause I’m the only one that think so you’re full of shyte!!!

It’s one of your goto’s...poster shows you up, poster must be an Alt account.

Why would I bother?

Now back on Scott, didn’t you say any rational person would give him until half way through this last season...but then cried like a baby that the board didn’t act quickly enough? As I said, FOS.

I like that from the new coach to an established, but sometimes underwhelming senior player. You need to do more, I think you can do more, and I'll give you my own time to help you be able to do more.

The real test is IF it doesn't work out early on does he drop JMac (or any other under performing senior player) for a better performing younger player, rather than "back him in"?
Just hope we have the cattle in the 2s playing well enough (and without bloody injuries) to pressure spots

I hope this is a case of Jamie not knowing that his capabilities haven't been reached just yet. Words are just words, he has to put it to action.

He has all the tools available now. Better coaches, new senior coach that has sound backline coaching experience, and all round a better environment.

Besides injuries (obviously), nothing should stop him.

Go get em Jamie!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back