Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

Remove this Banner Ad

Were you struggling for company?

This is another one that claims they know me, but I have never met.

He was all right.

I've met a lot of people over the years and often meet people I can't remember meeting last time.

Often involved booze or something.

Anyone who watches the Port Adelaide match again could not come to the conclusion that JMac is washed up. He was excellent. The performances of Todd and BBB overshadowed Jamie’s brilliance.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wouldn’t say he is washed up, but he should now be a depth player.

If he is player 28 - 30 on our list we are going ok.

Anyone who watches the Port Adelaide match again could not come to the conclusion that JMac is washed up. He was excellent. The performances of Todd and BBB overshadowed Jamie’s brilliance.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You’d be in real trouble if you couldn’t get a kick against witches hats

I wouldn’t say he is washed up, but he should now be a depth player.

If he is player 28 - 30 on our list we are going ok.
I reckon I could take J Mac on in the spare circle. He wouldn't know what hit him as I've been working out feverishly in the off-season. I now bench 120lbs each arm & I can now do dead-lifts on both legs. I'm feeling it today I can tell ya.

If I attend the season launch on Feb 6, which I have been invited to as I'm now part of the main catering group, I'll be just sticking to my protein shakes as I am now 6 days into the polio diet and I've already dropped 4kgs. And that's lean muscle we're talking about.

his best is easily best 22.
we need to see more of his best.
just outside best 22 imo.
come on jamie get into it!

Jmac is a player that could be - literally - almost anything this season IMO. He'll either have a rejigged role under Shaw and absolutely shine or he'll be borderline by the midway point. Just my 2c. All or nothing is how I see him.

I personally attended many VFL games through both of these periods and you are flat out wrong. Both were battlers and never up to it.
VFL for Werribee, at the time? I’ll say, VFL is a completely different game to AFL.. you may be a battler in the VFL but you may excel at AFL level and you may be a gun at AFL and battle at VFL level.. you never know what “kids” can do if they dont get games in the big league.. the conditions, the quicker game, the less physical aspect and stagnant football can affect ability to perform.. there are many reasons why some are dud VFL players and better AFL players, some are good at both but not all..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Prospectus nugget: JMac lost just 15% of his defensive 1v1 contests in 2019 - the third best percentage of any of the top 100 players for total contests. The AFL average for defenders is 30%.

Wow.

Great stuff mate, keep em comin.

AFL Prospectus nugget: JMac lost just 15% of his defensive 1v1 contests in 2019 - the third best percentage of any of the top 100 players for total contests. The AFL average for defenders is 30%.

Its so easy to ignore the positives

As I said before, he had some outstanding games late last year under Shaw. But he isn’t consistent enough, which you could say about a lot of players on our list

That's an interesting counter to a general view on Jamie but would like to know more about how they clarify a defensive 1 v 1 and the respective winning criteria.

Also hard to know how cherry-picked the statistic is ie % loss of defensive 1v1s for top 100 contest attending players. Maybe a completely missed tackle never even registered as a defensive contest to begin with.

Just shows how CD can pull out a stat to make anyone look good...

Jamie is horrendous 1 on 1, unless I’ve been watching a different player for a decade.

Just shows how CD can pull out a stat to make anyone look good...

Jamie is horrendous 1 on 1, unless I’ve been watching a different player for a decade.

He's got some good attributes but on that stat in isolation I'm surprised Hawthorn didn't throw everything at him to replace Josh Gibson 4 years ago.

Its so easy to ignore the positives

As I said before, he had some outstanding games late last year under Shaw. But he isn’t consistent enough, which you could say about a lot of players on our list
I reckon he's a good mark and a good kick, it's just that he is prone to missing targets. Tidy that up and there's a few that'll be playing seconds before him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back