Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon he's a good mark and a good kick, it's just that he is prone to missing targets. Tidy that up and there's a few that'll be playing seconds before him.

Agree with this. I think the current wave of anti-JMac sentiment comes from his performance last week. Many of us have been waiting and hoping for signs that he will get back to his best under Shaw, but what he dished up was more of what frustrates us - not sticking (or making) tackles, and delivering to the opposition regularly when coming out of the backline.

On the same basis (hoping for a sign of improvement), I'm even more disappointed with LMac.

But, as the saying goes, it's only one game. Still hopeful for a turnaround on both fronts (but a bit less hopeful than I was a week ago).

I reckon he's a good mark and a good kick, it's just that he is prone to missing targets. Tidy that up and there's a few that'll be playing seconds before him.
Now with his new improved defensive 1 on 1's he really is the complete package. Why aren't we all bitch moaning about him not being an AA lock instead of whining about the odd missed tackle or turnover?

What I don't get is why post this stuff in this thread? There are plenty of other threads for discussions about jmac.
That is the consequence of banning JMac's fanboy-in-chief from this thread.

Really going to need to lift, i think his tackling issues are still there, and i don't like what i see when he kicks, too much flight and not enough penetration.
he has a good read on the game overall, but 1v1 he is poor and trails his opponent far too often.
Happy for him to be tried elsewhere, but playing the backline i don't see much improvement coming from him unfortunately.

Over the last 18 months it's not the clangers that has got to me. I think he's a completely adequate kick, the issue has been that he's been non damaging and when presented with poor options he's been damaging to us. On top of that he's been given space and possession because other teams are picking up on this IMO. He's working hard, follows structures but for mine his predictability as a team mate alongside no real standout skills means that teams are willing to work off him and in today's football that can make you a liability very quickly. My 2c.

Needs to be willing to take a risk earlier and be more unpredictable. Floating up and under 40m kicks to a 1 on 1 just won't cut it if you're going to get it 30+ times a game and not be a brutal one on one defender. Suffers a bit from being of similar skillset to other (better) defenders and not reliably attacking enough. In a better team he will likely look very good.

Men with beards are being warned their facial hair could prove hazardous in the spread of coronavirus.
The US Centre for Disease Control and Prevention has issued an infographic warning that facial hair may play havoc with the effectiveness of breathing respirators.
Side whiskers, soul patches, lampshades and handlebar moustaches get the green light.
But trendy styles like stubble, a full beard, the Dali 'tash and mutton chops, should go.

Men with beards are being warned their facial hair could prove hazardous in the spread of coronavirus.
The US Centre for Disease Control and Prevention has issued an infographic warning that facial hair may play havoc with the effectiveness of breathing respirators.
Side whiskers, soul patches, lampshades and handlebar moustaches get the green light.
But trendy styles like stubble, a full beard, the Dali 'tash and mutton chops, should go.
Sir this is the Jmac thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually, that's just plain good advice.

And it should include those half-mo's and stray chin hairs.

My issue with JMac isnt the act of the 1v1 when someone kicks to a contest, which noted he does okay.

It's in play, when the game is moving and he is chasing opponents, or uses it by foot. His only strength left is his body positioning, everything else is mince at the moment.

Played some good footy under Shaw to finish the year after coming back through the VFL. Plenty of players were better under Shaw, surely he can be afforded more than one game in the pre season to demonstrate where he is at and how he fits into the puzzle. Likewise the rest of the bloody side.

We won 7 of our last 12, rolled a couple top sides, went close to another couple, and looked dangerous around the pill. 4 rising stars, new coach with a full pre season under his belt. We kick some sacks in the first practice game and out come the pitchforks. FFS.

I know I wrote this in the game day thread.

Simply cannot play round 1. I don't care on the leadership crap at the moment.

If he improves his form in VFL to be promoted back then great, but no.

Just no.

he seems to be the surplus one, marley takes the lockdown small defender (backpocket) role, pittard has come leap and bound in 2019 at half back, atley has his explosive runs, ahern has done very well in the games he played in defense. Mcmillan and mcdonald seems to be pushed out, games seem to have moved on from them. Mcdonald is 25 so he is at his peak and has more utility roles, so use him off the bench.

It seems he already has as he is now playing with two specifically designed "cannot hit a target" branded shoes instead.
I suppose we will just have to wait and see how many games he plays under Shaw this year. Numerous posters on here insisted Scott had his favourites should be interesting to see who and what changers under Shaw. I recall people saying JMac Turner Mcdonald and a few others would not get a game if Scott was not coaching. Lets see how right wrong these posters really are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back