Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jamie Macmillan said:
"I think for me it's just the ability to identify things on field and understanding the game, helping other guys out with their structures," Macmillan says.

This bloke is offering ~14 disposals and 1 tackle a game off the half back flank.

If he's so good at directing his team mates maybe we're better off signing him up as an assistant coach.

This bloke is offering ~14 disposals and 1 tackle a game off the half back flank.

If he's so good at directing his team mates maybe we're better off signing him up as an assistant coach.
Geez mate I hope you're wearing Kevlar..

I'm surprised he got 3 years to be honest. He has come a long way but he seriously has a long way to go before he reaches his potential.

His defensive game is strong, but if he is going to be a gun he needs to get his hands on the footy more, because when he does he is quite damaging.

It annoys me than he, Wright or Atley haven't become a genuine A grade half back at this stage.

Why can't these guys have a break out year like Brodie Smith from the crows?

I'm surprised he got 3 years to be honest. He has come a long way but he seriously has a long way to go before he reaches his potential.

His defensive game is strong, but if he is going to be a gun he needs to get his hands on the footy more, because when he does he is quite damaging.

Agree wholeheartedly. I'm happy to talk about him using the ball well when he gets it and his metres gained increasing, that's a great effort.

However my point stands, if you aren't tackling (1 tackle a game is way too low for a defensive player) you need to be getting the ball. If you aren't getting the ball and you aren't tackling then you may as well be sitting in the stands pointing an oversized novelty finger like Goddard.

Douglas & Betts.
Zorko & Green.
Kent & Harmes.

^ These blokes are all half forwards and all have had good games against us. It's time for JMac, Atley and McDonald to start shutting these blokes down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It annoys me than he, Wright or Atley haven't become a genuine A grade half back at this stage.

Why can't these guys have a break out year like Brodie Smith from the crows?
My view before this week was he just seems at ease where he is at........he's getting forward a lot for a halfback flanker, and is hurting the opposition when doing so.
I´m a fan of Jmac.

Last edited:
My view before this week was he just seems at ease where is at........he getting forward a lot for a halfback flanker, is is hurting the opposition when doing so.
I´m a fan of Jmac.

I'm a fan as well, early days he got a bit of an easy ride despite a few form slumps but he is obviously highly rated internally.

He got more of the footy on the weekend and we were better for it. His decision making and penetration with his kicking are quite damaging

Got some games under his belt, got some maturity.. and North are starting to really reap the rewards
Still only 24 too

He's a poster boy for why the calls to drop young players (who don't feature in the Brownlow votes each week), are silly and premature.
They have to learn the game at the top level by playing the game at the top level

There's the J-Mac I remembered from last season. I'd ask what changed, but heaven forbid I generate discussion about a player in his player watch thread :p :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back