Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

Remove this Banner Ad

Putting all respect issues aside...
Since his VFL game against Richmond, form has been average at best.
Poor defensive pressure, looks lost at sea.
Getting lost between contests, not impacting them in the air or ground level.
Think he is suffering from a more contested, one on one game plan.
Has positive attributes but think he simply no longer suits our needs.

Putting all respect issues aside...
Since his VFL game against Richmond, form has been average at best.
Poor defensive pressure, looks lost at sea.
Getting lost between contests, not impacting them in the air or ground level.
Think he is suffering from a more contested, one on one game plan.
Has positive attributes but think he simply no longer suits our needs.
May be so, but I'm interested to see how he can structure his game with Ahern back there now providing a more reliable outlet and kick in option.

Also he played pretty well last week. I prefer last week's Jamie to the round 1-9 Jamie.

May be so, but I'm interested to see how he can structure his game with Ahern back there now providing a more reliable outlet and kick in option.

Also he played pretty well last week. I prefer last week's Jamie to the round 1-9 Jamie.

As

He did play reasonably well, but still had glaring moments where he was neither here nor there.
Right now, he is the best fit player we have for that role. Think Ats could probably perform it better when he returns from injury.
Grave long term concerns for J-MAC as a defender.
Not sure he will cut it as a wing/on ball/forward over our young talent.
Tells me we are getting better.

putting the body on the line in a 50/50 contest is weighted heavily, especially if you come out on top in the contest.. yep, jz didnt have a great game, is he consistent with his endeavour? Does he wear his heart in his sleeve? Does he inspire his troops? Perhaps playing JZ as a half back in macmillansspot isnt a half bad idea
I've been wanting Zeibs down back for yonks...
No U-turns
Runs straight through
Puts the fear of God into opposition forwards.

No brainer I think.

No U-turns
Runs straight through

No brainer I think.
All true, but i don't trust JZ's kicking under pressure, can see him getting ball and banging it straight to the other team time and time again in the back 50.

When he gets 30+ disposals rebounding from half back.
30+? Do you round up in tens or somethin? He's had 3 x 30 plus games in his career, now lets get one thing clear, racking up the pill and massive numbers does not equate to anything but numbers..

He had 37 against fremantle this year, what did we lose by? the ball was in our D50 for about 90% of the game, he laid 3 tackles and 4 one percent acts IN A BACKLINE under siege all day, he also directly turned the ball over 7 times and thats not counting selling a team mate under pressure by poor decision making.. if a QUALITY half back racks up 30+ you are on your way to a comprehensive victory.. I dont need to go on..

His game last week was okay, it's unfortunate he hasnt sustained OK form all year or I wouldnt need to call it out..

30+ games, have a spell

Last edited:
No U-turns
Runs straight through

No brainer I think.
One massive problem with playing Jz at half back is quality of disposal, it was merely a solution to the problem we have down there with players not putting their bodies on the line

All true, but i don't trust JZ's kicking under pressure, can see him getting ball and banging it straight to the other team time and time again in the back 50.
When pointed in the correct direction (u turn eliminated) he'd have that extra time to place and weight the kick. In which I think he's quite good at.
It's when he's facing the opposite direction is when he gets us into trouble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

s**t.... he just keeps getting picked...
What’s even going to be better, is when he holds his a spot in the leadership group next year, plays every game.... and Shaw comes out and talks about him glowingly... looking forward to the tears in here.

I agree. He should play more time on the wing.
For the life of me.......who offered the idea he was a back man?
Being vocal out on the park and reading opposition game plans doesnt necessarily mean he'll be the general down back. It helps mind you but you've got to back it up with action.

Funnily I can see Jamie being a good coach one day, sees/reads the game well and articulate enough to get his message through.

When pointed in the correct direction (u turn eliminated) he'd have that extra time to place and weight the kick. In which I think he's quite good at.
It's when he's facing the opposite direction is when he gets us into trouble.
I wouldn't say he is good at it, but it's better than the bang on the boot business, which i still cant believe he does 10 years into his career.
anyway, i think it's worth trying either way.

FWIW every Christian church has opened its doors to the homeless in Sunbury (except maybe The Exclusive Bretheren but that wouldn't be a surprise.) .

Ha. There's a big Brethren church complex just up the road from me. Something tells me that between the high security fencing, the Brethren security goons manning the gate, and the aura of serious money that hangs over the place, no homeless person is getting within a mile of the joint.

Weird cats. The stories I could tell you....

...but maybe the JMac thread isn't the best place for that. (Although saying that, probably more interesting than the loop that this thread is stuck on.)

Ha. There's a big Brethren church complex just up the road from me. Something tells me that between the high security fencing, the Brethren security goons manning the gate, and the aura of serious money that hangs over the place, no homeless person is getting within a mile of the joint.

...but maybe the JMac thread isn't the best place for that. (Although saying that, probably more interesting than the loop that this thread is stuck on.)

Alesteir Crowley likes this.

There’s one around the corner from me too. Strange elitist mob them. Hopefully not too many of my taxes are propping them up

Yeah, I'm not convinced that the Exclusive Brethren being more interesting than 'the loop this thread is stuck on' is as exclusive a club as your post implies.

I tend to think it's a pretty catholic club actually, with anyone and anything welcome, and anyone and anything being more interesting.

Looking forward to the "but's" tonight.

This is going to require some extraordinary imagination, even for this thread.

There is no buts, nobody should say s**t. Him & Thompson were clearly the BOG by daylight.

The backline could only do so much, and that area of the field was arguably the best.

Someone needs to ask Higgins where his head is at.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back