Past Jordan "I don’t think Sydney fans should be nervous at all" Dawson: Grand Theft Completed, traded 2021 to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Dan87

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Yep.

Swans targeting a leaper/athletic prospect late draft. Gets a crack to come on and be a Gunston type roaming with Buddy and Tippo at training.

All the best. Looks like Matter gave a good reference. Françou on board also gives us more good info coming out of SA on value young guys.

I like it.

Hey we got a gun that but for the academy we had no rights to and two "churn" players. Remember, keep turning over those late picks because you'll occasionally snag a very good one. That's what keeps building premiership depth.

Happy to try a couple of outliers. Now for the rookie draft. Any re-rookies, Marsh? Any academy players we may give a try?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dan87

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
I'm dumbfounded with the negativity on this post. This guy is a steal and only missed the champs through injury. Played a lot of senior footy in the SANFL this year, both reserves and seniors, and didn't look out of place. I wish we got him.

Everyone drafted is Tim Membrey immediately after being drafted.

You get used to it after a while.

Last edited:
Dawson has Membrey written all over him. We need a goal sneak not an undersized lead up fwd.

I really rated Membrey (Not his tatts) but as a footy player. I reckon if Goodes didn't go around last year, he could have convinced him to stay. Dont know the negativity around Membrey. Left for more opportunity and played quite well for the saints last year.

Sep 14, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
Why is he getting compared to gunston , because he is 4cm shorter and a hf
Long way to go to be as good as gunston

The way he moves is pretty similar and like Gunston has the ability to move up the ground.

I wouldn't call Dawson a Membrey type or undersized key forward type, his more that third/ forth tall that can move up the ground and create space for others.

Has good speed, a nice leap and can find the ball, biggest drawbacks at the moment is the fact he can drift in and out of games at times and had issues with a back injury at times over the last season.

Not a bad selection, won't play games in his first year (Will need to develop) but hopefully can develop into a really nice player for us down the line.

Finished his season off in the SANFL and played well enoguh to named in the bests against North Adelaide in his final game of the season.

Wolftone

Cancelled
Feb 1, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Like Rose? Why do we need another one of those?

No Rose is a medium to small and Dawson is a medium to tall. Very different players. Dawson plays really tall and can take the big/huge mark. A very good contested mark according to the scribes in the SANFL. He can also break the play apart and score goals on the run. Very good kick at goal. A Gunston type. Rose is different to Dawson. Rose is a running player who kicks goals as a small forward. He too can take the big grab but plays more as a quick forward. Rose is more a Stevie J type, in other words freaky.

Wolftone

Cancelled
Feb 1, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Why is he getting compared to gunston , because he is 4cm shorter and a hf
Long way to go to be as good as gunston

The way he plays. By the way he is still growing. Late developer as far as height and weight. He was 187 early in 20125. He was also just over 60kg late in 2015. He is now 83. His height is 190 now not 189 apparently. He could still grow that 3cm Punts. But the main thing is that his game is similar to Gunston. Takes the big mark and also breaks the lines by going up-field.

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
You know I mostly come on here to get away from the work grind and to break up the misery that comes with that.

More and more lately I quickly get back to work to break up the misery that comes with reading so many negative opinions about a footy club we're all supposed to support.

What is it? Some sort of weird contest to prove some sort of deeper football knowledge? How could anyone possibly conclude that a pick 56 is a "rubbish selection"? Who would be a "good selection" at 56?

Jordan, I hope to god you're not reading this mindless crap but if you are, go well son. Most of us have high hopes for you!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back